NSV - Airline Seatbelts

Options
DirtyStacks
DirtyStacks Posts: 179 Member
I am a frequent flyer for business. I long ago "borrowed" an airline seatbelt extension on a flight and have carried it with me in my carry on bag ever since. I did not want to go through the continous embarassment of requesting one for nearly every flight I take. I took the belt when I had a flight attendant tell me (loud enough for 10 rows around to hear), "You'll just have to wait until after our safety briefing, we use them for demonstration". I complained in silence by taking the extension when I exited the plane. I have never asked for another extension - I had my own.

You should note that not all seat belt lengths are the same. Some are longer than others, but almost all of them weren't long enough for my pallet sized *kitten*.

Until now... I have not had a single flight recently in which I needed to use this belt. I therefore am confident that I am ready to return this belt on my next flight on the airline I borrowed it from. You can have it back, I don't need it anymore!

AirlineBeltExtension.jpg

Replies

• MissTattoo
    MissTattoo Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    woot!
  • Dark_Roast
    Dark_Roast Posts: 17,689 Member
    Options
    That is great! Not that the flight attendant was a jerk, but that you can give it back!!
  • Astefanie
    Astefanie Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Nice! Its gotta be a great feeling!
  • Claible
    Claible Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    This is an AWESOME NSV!! Great Job!
  • Kenhabes
    Kenhabes Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    MAJOR WIN!
  • Mummyadams
    Mummyadams Posts: 1,125 Member
    Options
    LOVE this post!
  • HeatherHoskins
    HeatherHoskins Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Yea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Happy dance...It will be so relaxing not to have to worry about that anymore. Now you just have to worry about the jabbermouth next to you!!
  • NMJosephs
    NMJosephs Posts: 185
    Options
    That's awesome! Congratulations and enjoy flying those friendlier (now, hopefully) skies!
  • Tender78
    Tender78 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't even be nice enough to give it back. I might, in the kindest way possible, offer it to a fluffy friend or fellow passenger so that they may never have to suffer an insensitive jerk that, most likely, has never had to deal with a weight issue.

Oh yeah, CONGRATULATIONS! Way to go on your NSV, that's AWESOME!
  • repubgurl
    repubgurl Posts: 105
    Options
    That's great! Congrats on your progress!
  • GLJezebel
    GLJezebel Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Yay for you!!!! I never had to use the extension but those seatbelts cut off my circulation! I can't wait to fly somewhere and be able to sit comfortably, relatively speaking, in an airplane seat!!

Congrats on your NSV!!
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    Good for you.
    A friend of mine used to travel constantly and it caused serious weight problems so extra congrats are in order.
  • joconnor09
    joconnor09 Posts: 124
    Options
    That's awesome! Great NSV, especially at a time when flying is getting even more expensive for overweight people (buying extra seats, etc). You should be extremely proud of yourself for this accomplishment!
  • crazy8ts
    crazy8ts Posts: 360
    Options
    Brilliant! Congrats! Remember to direct them to the 'exit' they can return the belt to!
  • abbiepql
    abbiepql Posts: 45
    Options
    That is an awesome story and I feel so happy for you! WTG and if I were you... forget returning that belt, give to fellow traveler in need or better yet - burn that baby!
  • spudlovie
    spudlovie Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    What an amazing story
  • itgeekwoman
    itgeekwoman Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    That is fabulous!! I totally understand and it feels great!!! Way to go and keep losing!!
  • Mendham07945
    Mendham07945 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Omg...I thought I was the only one to do that! I flew recently and the flight attendant noticed I had one. She wanted to inspect it to see if it was "regulation.". Asked where I got it; told her EBay. I was mortified in front of everyone in the area.
    I do understand this NSV...congrats!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!