Energy Drinks?

wendyjo3
wendyjo3 Posts: 52 Member
I've never been a big fan of energy drinks. I thought they were unhealthy and loaded with sugar, caffeine, and chemicals. Recently, though, I started to take a liking to Red Bull Total Zero. I'm now trying to remember why I thought they were so bad before. This drink has 0 everything except 60 mg of sodium. Plus, it has Niacin, Vitamin B12 and B6, and Panothenic acid. Seems like a pretty healthy drink in fact, no? What do you all think of these energy drinks?

Replies

• zionbeme
    zionbeme Posts: 3 Member
    Not sure either about energy drinks. I always thought they were bad too and could lead to health problems. However you have brought out some good points! lol Maybe I need to re-look at energy drinks . . . good question. Look forward to people's answers!
  • erinu06
    erinu06 Posts: 8
    I love Rockstars, the 20 calorie Lemonade ones. Mmmmmmmm I could drink these everyday. Last semester I took a nutrition class and we talked about energy drinks and soda one day. She basically told us that Diet is better than Non-diet, even with the artificial sugar. To have negative side effects from consuming energy drinks or aspartame or other "harmful" ingredients, she said we would have to consume gallons everyday for years. She said in moderation, these things were okay to have and that we shouldn't be worried unless we consumed a bag of artificial sugar each day :D
  • kristiontheinside
    kristiontheinside Posts: 74 Member
    I'm into the Red Bull sugar free. I'm sure they are bad for the kidneys if drank in excess just like soda. But they do help me before exercise!
  • fatboypup
    fatboypup Posts: 1,873 Member
    i tried red bull zero the other day .... blech it tastes like red bull and well vodka after the ice melts ..... I like Xyience, Monster Zero, Amp Boost sugar free, rockstar sugar free
  • Boomer1946
    Boomer1946 Posts: 124
    Try this energy drink. I drink the sparkling cola every day. It acyually helps to burn up to a 100 calories.

:smile:
  • Boomer1946
    Boomer1946 Posts: 124
    Well they edited out my link. Just google Celsius enery drink.