My first fifty..

Options
So I've lost fifty pounds. Fifty flipping pounds. Yay! I'm not on the target that I thought I would be, but it would make me incredibly happy if I could lose twenty more by graduation (in the middle of December).

Normally I wouldn't post something like this, but I think I needed a bit of perspective. I've been slacking off so much with diet and exercise. I'm barely keeping up with calories and that's all in my head. I've been so busy with student teaching and trying to graduate. I'm making a commitment to myself right here and now to lose that last twenty (plus!) before graduation. I just need the motivatoin.

If anyone can tell me ways that they stay motivated, please let me know. I really want to do this so badly!

l-n-r

Shannon:wink:

Replies

• arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    You have LOST................FIFTY...............50..................POUNDS!!

This deserves a parade!! That is so amazing I am at a loss for words! If you think of last year at this time, were your losing? Probably gaining at a steady pace. So instead of being 100 pounds heavier, you are down by 50 pounds.

You have 2 more months before your goal date. 8 weeks at 2 pounds a week is 16 pounds.

You can SO do this!!

Thanks for sharing you loss (win!!) with us!!

Congratulations!!:drinker:
  • 2kaizen
    2kaizen Posts: 64
    Options
    Congratulations! :drinker:

My hat is off to you - that is amazing!

Keep up the good work. And just know, even if it comes off more slowly than you want, that you are still moving in the right direction!

The longer you spend taking it off, the more likely it is to be permanent lifestyle change and the less likely you are to move in the right direction.

:flowerforyou:
  • GumbyAnne
    GumbyAnne Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    euphonasia, what corps/band is that in your picture/ticker?

I marched at Irondale HS in Minnesota, and was colorguard captain at Blue Stars of LaCrosse, WI for 3 years (marched for 4)! Yay for marching arts!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!