Is is just me or???

Options
Okay I have a question for everyone. I am just curious if it is me or if anyone else has this problem. I just got done working out and I made my dinner and I am sitting here thinking that I am ful and I still have food left and calories left for the day. I upped my calories because I didn't think I was losing like I should I am in the 220 range for my weight and I am working out roughly 3x a week or so and 2 of my workouts are circuit training with my trainer. I just feel that I know I need to eat to lose but I just don't know if I can stuff my self anymore to get the weight off. I feel that if I don't eat enough I won't lose and I just feel that I am spinning in circles with my weight.

Any ideas? I am trying to eat more during the day but I just seem to not get enough in at all. I have about 2 more hours before I stop eating for the day, 9pm is my cut off for food.

Thank you in advance......

Replies

• TByrd1325
    TByrd1325 Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    Hmm.. well what kind of things do you like eating?
    You could try using olive oil to saute veggies, higher calorie wheat bread, protein powder.
    For some reason that's all I can think of, but I'll let you know if I think of anything else!
  • laur89
    laur89 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I have the exact same problem and my bf yells at me when I have calories left over since my inactive days I'm supposed to eat 1200 calories, but on my active days unless I go out to eat.. I have a ridiculous amount of calories left over and I'm usually really full. One night I had like 800 extra calories from working out and I logged it and it was at like 8:30pm... why and how the heck would I eat that many calories THAT late??
  • Zara11
    Zara11 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    nuts!
  • MFPfriend
    MFPfriend Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    Fruit juice is always a good way to add some calories.
    But I mean REAL fruit juice. No HFCS, nothing bad for you.
    Just some straight up juice.

I prefer the TreeTop brand.
  • margaretthedevil
    Options
    Just eat a bigger breakfast. You probably won't even notice you're eating more that way and that's when you need those calories the most. :smile:
  • kankan213
    kankan213 Posts: 105
    Options
    It's not really a problem unless you have a lot of extra calories everyday. Just try to gradually increase them, it sounds to me like your metabolism is slowed down. Exercise and a gradual increase in calories should up your metabolism (and appetite eventually), which will eventually cause your body to run more efficiently!

Try adding in things like peanut butter, avocado, nuts, olive oil ( i saw some of these mentioned above).

I'm the complete opposite. I have to completely stop myself from eating over 3000 calories everyday lol.
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    Fruit juice is always a good way to add some calories.
    But I mean REAL fruit juice. No HFCS, nothing bad for you.
    Just some straight up juice.

I prefer the TreeTop brand.

Juice is very high in sugar- even the au natural stuff has, generally, somewhere in the 20 grams / cup range. I wouldn't recommend juice unless you're consuming some fiber along with it.
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    i agree, have a bigger breakfast. I love to have a 2 egg omolette with shredded cheese, u can add veggies, mushrooms, turkey bacon. I also have a toast with some jelly to have something sweet and coffee or orange juice. It keeps me satisfied all morning.
    also have healthy snacks between meals to break it up evenly throughout the day. I like to have special K bars or apples or bananas.

good luck!
  • MollySue30
    MollySue30 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the advice....i did have a bigger breakfast for the most part this morning I hit about 400 calories so we will see how that goes....

Have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!
    :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,550 Member
    Options
    Another idea is to plan ahead. Enter your foods for the whole day, based on a minimum workout. For example, my meals are usually the same even when I don't workout, but on the days I do, I add in some dreamfields pasta with pesto (or similar) and a slim a bear ice cream sandwich for dessert. It's a nice reward for working out, uses up part of my calories, and if I don't make it to the gym, I can skip the pasta and ice cream and still be cool for the day :happy:
  • kokonutmama
    Options
    I also notice that when I work out every other day, I'm much hungrier on my off days than the days I actually exercise. I second the notion that it's OK to go over on your off days with a satisfying breakfast and under on your work out days by the same amount. I think that's better than stuffing yourself after a workout and then feeling deprived on your off days.