UGH!!!!

WOW!!! I didn't get the nutritional information on the salad dressing for tonight's salad! A whopping 425 calories!! About 125 calories more than the entire salad! I just heard red wine vinaigrette and said, "Sure!" and tossed it on there! Old habits die hard, huh? Got to be more aware of what I am doing when out to dinner!!

Replies

• ChrissyRMiller
    ChrissyRMiller Posts: 42 Member
    Holy cow!!! I can't imagine all those calories in a salad dressing! Crazy!
  • carliekitty
    carliekitty Posts: 303 Member
    Time for a very fast angry walk!
  • roachhaley
    roachhaley Posts: 978 Member
    Are you sure that's right? Usually vinegar based dressings are relatively low cal.
  • tat2dmrsgrimm
    tat2dmrsgrimm Posts: 226 Member
    When I go out to eat, I generally get my dressing on the side and I dip my fork in the dressing and then put salad on the fork. I know it sounds weird, but you use less and still get the flavor with every bite.
  • stacygayle
    stacygayle Posts: 349 Member
    When I go out to eat, I generally get my dressing on the side and I dip my fork in the dressing and then put salad on the fork. I know it sounds weird, but you use less and still get the flavor with every bite.

That is what I always do when I go out too.
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    There was one time that a girl in my ASL class brought in a salad and two packets of dressing. When she poured the first one on, she set it on the table beside her, and the girl next to her picked it up to read it. The girl reading the packet informed the other girl that there were 420 calories in one of the packets of dressing, and made fun of her a little bit for now having a salad that was 420 calories. The other girl replied while pouring the second packet "Well, now I guess it's going to be 840."

I don't know what kind of dressing she had, but some of them can be ridiculous.
  • roachhaley
    roachhaley Posts: 978 Member
    I just looked at a few supermarket brands of red wine vinaigrette and they are all around 80 calories per 2 tablespoons. are you sure you werent looking at kilojoules instead of kilocals? or did you just drink a bucket of it?
  • JoDeeD
    JoDeeD Posts: 391

That is what I do also, I also will take my dressing at home and mix it with either vinegar, lime juice or lemon juice to make it go farther. When my kids want Wendy''s I get a salad and only use half the dressing. Very yummy and healthy.
  • Asil02
    Asil02 Posts: 261
    I went to the restaurant's website to find the nutritional information so I could add it to my diary....AND THERE IT WAS!!!

My whole day was at 1500 calories which isn't horrible and I have been running a pretty good deficit for the past couple of weeks.

I just HAVE to be more mindful of what the heck I am doing!! So frustrated at myself.