What I've learned in 2 months of changing my lifestyle.

Options
1. Eating healthier gives me more energy
2. Nothing is easy, every drop of sweat is earned
3. I can shove my face full of food, instead of having one chocolate bar, I can have a rice cake, dried fruit, and carrot sticks.
4. It's okay to mess up, because you WILL mess up, but you have to get right back to it.
5. Eat for fuel, not for taste...but I have grown friendly with the tastes of health foods.
6. People who love you will actually care & keep on your *kitten* about your lifestyle
7. You can motivate people, whether they are more fit than you...my workout buddy can do situps hanging from a pull-up bar and he will agree that days he's feeling down I can bring that mood back to normal
8. Good and bad days happen, when you're down, you can only go up.
9. How to ignore the "bad voices" in my brain that want me to break my 3 month's of being soda & candy free.
10. How to shop for good food's in the store. Reading labels, counting calories, making sure the fats in the food are not completely horrible, etc.

Most importantly how to be happy with myself! MFP has shown me a lot of things and I've done a lot of things in such a short amount of time that I thought I'd never be able to do, there are probably a good 100 more I could list, but I decided to keep it to a top 10.

If you're out there reading this, keep at it, start posting on the forums, add some people. Trust me I'm another 12+ months away to my goal, but if you put your mind to it you can do it!

Replies

• AngelAura777
    AngelAura777 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Thats great I have also learned that everything I used to eat has goddamn sugar and sodium and thats why eating as little processed food as you can is also great!
  • coleen_d_b
    coleen_d_b Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    If you're out there reading this, keep at it, start posting on the forums, add some people. Trust me I'm another 12+ months away to my goal, but if you put your mind to it you can do it!

I'm out here reading this. Thanks for the pat on the back :smile: