Help with Protein

Options
fanniev
fanniev Posts: 7 Member
I'm not one for cooking - at all. I know part of the reason I can't lose weight is because I don't eat enough protein. I can't do beans/legumes/ etc. Can you give me some easy ways that I can get my protein in during the day? I don't like to eat a lot of red meat either. What nuts are good? Protein shakes - but what should go in them?

Ideas would be greatly appreciated!!

Replies

• anewme1202
    anewme1202 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    For snacks - Greek Yogurt is great for protein.
    Do you like Tuna? Also high in protein.
    Salmon and Chicken -- I know you said you're not one for cooking, but they are really easy recipes for salmon and chicken that are fast and taste great.
    Also eggs .. high in protein, just watch cholesterol, but eggs and cheese are good protein sources. Sometimes what I do (and this is just me) I'll boil some eggs in the morning and just keep them in the fridge then take a boiled egg to work and toss it on a my salad for lunch.

You said you don't like beans / legumes ... would it make a difference if you tossed them in a salad? (even the tuna)
    Nuts are good - high in fat, so don't go crazy on them, but a handful of nuts (almonds are great) are also good for a protein snack source.

I myself don't do protein shakes, but I'm sure your MFP friends can give you some ideas.
  • fanniev
    fanniev Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Those are great suggestions! I will definitely give the Greek yogurt a try and almonds. Love the idea of hard boiled eggs to grab for a salad.
    Thank you so much!!!
  • anewme1202
    anewme1202 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    You're welcome ... good luck!
    Also ... if you like Pork - that's a good protein source too -- just make sure you use a "loin" I have a really easy recipe for pork loin that you just toss in a ziplock bag with some olive oil and fresh rosemary (and salt & pepper to taste) - let it marinate in the fridge for at least 30 minutes. When time's up - throw them on the bbq (an indoor grill ie: George Foreman works too) .. easy, tasty, filling with veggies & salad and another good source of protein.