TIps or suggestions? I need to loose 80-100 lbs...

Options
Hi everyone! I've been on MFP about a week now and i've lost about 6 lbs since I started watching what I eat and excercising again about 2-3 weeks ago. I don't have the money to go to a gym so I try to workout at home. I also go jogging almost everyday. Can anyone give me any tips or suggestions on wieght loss and at home excercise routines? I would really appreciate it!! Thanks so much! And feel free to add me! Would love to have more friends! :)

Replies

• JulieDerda
    JulieDerda Posts: 163
    Options
    Here are some things I have done since I also dont belong to a gym (besides running around the neighborhood).
    Invest in some small hand weights (start off whatever you feel comfortable w/ ) Im @ a 5lb gonna move to an 8lb soon.
    Heart rate monitor is also something i found was a good thing to have.IT can help you see how many calories you may have burned and how hard you are working by tracking your heart rate.

Also, there are some cheap DVD workout videos out there. like the 30 day shred by Jillian micheals. ITs like $14 @ walmart if i remember correctly. Or if you dont have money for DVD's look up some Circuit training workouts to do by googling it. (like combination of lunges/squats/pushups and such.) There are some sites like crossfit workouts that actually have tutorials online to show you how to do some workouts.

I have lost 35lbs so far and I have been working out @ home So I am proof that you dont have to belong to a gym to get the job done.(however, I Have 50 more pounds to loose till my goal weight! :sad: )
    Hang in there! ill be there w/ ya ccuz YOu can do this! :flowerforyou:
  • aoesterr
    aoesterr Posts: 14
    Options
    Thank you very much! This helps a lot. And by the way you look amazing! Cant wait to be there! I do have some wieghts that I have been using and I go jogging,as well. I checked at walmart for the 30 day shred video and the walmart here actually has NO workout dvds! :( I just ordered it online, though. I should have it in a few days. I'm excited to start that! Ive heard very good things about it!! Thanks again, Ashlee