P90X... I am starting it July 2nd. Any tips?

Options
tony1307
tony1307 Posts: 127 Member
Hello MFP'ers

I have been wanting to start P90X for a while. I looked over the fitness test, and I don't think I am quite ready for it yet as I don't meet some of the qualifications yet.

Right now I am on week 4 of the C25K plan.
I should be done with that by July.

I know it is not easy, but was just looking for any tips, or motivators to help me through it.

Replies

• wookiemouse
    wookiemouse Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Do it when you don't want to. Just push play and keep to the schedule.

DIET is key to seeing results. If you don't change your diet and eat clean, then you'll be back to square one.

Buy Tony's One on One Fountain of Youth to sub in for the 1.5 hr long YogaX. That freaking YogaX was the hardest part of the entire program!!!

Don't let Ab RipperX intimidate you. You will NOT be able to keep up without pausing at the start. By 90 days, you will.

It's really not as intense as it looks. You can do it!
  • womaninashoe6
    Options
    I am also doing the c25k plan (only on week two). I have been doing the P90X workouts for a couple of months. I never even did the fit test, I am quite certain I would not have passed it. The work outs are Awesome! but they are tough. As long as you are smart about modifying I don't see why you couldn't start it.

Now all that said I have not followed the workout plans as they are laid out. (part of how I modified for me). I just rotated through the workouts in order but not necessarily every day. Usually I would do they every other day. Now since I am using the C25K I do the YogaX on my off days (yesterday I did the shoulders, arms, and abs workout).

Be smart, be careful, and enjoy, they're great!!
  • tony1307
    tony1307 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    thanks.. :)