Hello Again MFP

Options
Second time is a charm right? That may not be how it goes but it's how I'm looking at it.

My name is Chris and I am a food-aholic. I love food, all kinds of food which is why I am here in the first place.

This is my second attempt at changing my life and being a healthier person and it is my last attempt. The last time I learned a lot but what I didn't learn while living healthy last time was the importance of sticking with it. Which is something I have learned now and am sticking with it.

This time I plan on learning new healthy ways of cooking that I enjoy rather then just depriving myself of all that I want for the plain ole chicken and veggies every day.

I also go to the gym at least 6 days a week, a few days a week I even go twice. My wife has been doing 30 Day Shred and has convinced me to do it with her so pretty much every day I am active as much as my lifestyle allows(office job).

Wish me luck, looking forward to meeting some like minded individuals who can support and who may need support.

Replies

• codiem
    codiem Posts: 19
    Options
    Hi and good luck on your journey! I can't really tell what number attempt this would be for me... I usually try for a few days and then get hungry. haha. But like you, I'm serious this time around and I think that makes a huge difference!
  • Jori33
    Jori33 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    You can do it this time! It seems like you have the motivation and drive, and once you have that you can do anything. :) Best of luck.
  • Snoopy108
    Snoopy108 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Well welcome back, I have started this journey many many times in my life and I am going to make this attempt stick. For me I love food and I love to cook, so my struggle is why I loose control. Food is such and emotional thing and realizing that is half the battle for me. Beside don't you feel so good when you eat healthy! We can do this!
  • jallison12
    jallison12 Posts: 83
    Options
    Good luck Chris. One day at a time, one calorie at a time. One way MFP helps me is to track totals. Couple of time I've just gone too far. Instead of beating myself up I take my dog around the neighbourhood for an hour. Boo ya, "under his calorie limit". Hi paw, and off to bed feeling good.
    BTW - the dog loves it!