overcoming sweet addiction

Options
124»

Replies

• cmeade20
    cmeade20 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    I make clean "sweets" because sometimes a girl just needs a damn cookie! A real simple PB cookie recipe is 1 cup all natural peanut butter, 1 egg, 1 tsp vanilla extract, 3 packets Stevia. Blend together and then put 1 tsp size balls in a baking sheet. press down with a fork. Bake at 350 for about ten minutes
  • strawberrie_milk
    strawberrie_milk Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    For me, cutting out added sugars cold turkey worked best.
  • natural813
    natural813 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I stop eating sweets cold turkey, my favorite was candy. Now that I have stop I don't even care to really eat it.
  • kennodogs
    kennodogs Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    When I crave something I log it first and see what it does to my food diary. That usually kills the craving. The sugar addiction fades the less you have - doesn't mean I've cut it out completely, just that I use as a treat/reward and in small quantities.
  • rodneysmom98
    rodneysmom98 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    bump
  • nomorebingesgirl2014
    Options
    Useful ????
  • BunnyNaya
    Options
    I like this 3 rule thing. Most of the time I confuse thirst for wanting sweets
  • train_01
    train_01 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I love sweets too. I do tend to make my own at home so I can control what's in them. Often you can cut the sugar down by as much as half and they will still be good. I especially love ice cream and do the same thing (I have the ice cream maker attachment for my stand mixer :)) If that doesn't work, I eat Special K Chocolately Delight cereal. It has huge chunks of chocolate in it and is only like 120 calories (you have to add in the milk). It's a nice snack, crunchy and delish!
  • freddi11e
    freddi11e Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    bump
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!