5'11" Looking to lose 29 lbs - Need Friends!

Options
Hey all!

So today I (re)joined MFP in the hopes of losing 29 lbs. I am starting P90X Lean today and I have my calories set at 1,200 (I will, for the most part, eat my exercise calories because I want to do it right!!!).

Last summer I joined MFP and lost 18 lbs. Then I went back to law school in the fall and pretty much gained it all back. Well, here I am again looking to lose the weight, but I want to keep up good habits into the fall this year since I have one more year of law school left. Hence, my new nickname "BetterHabits".

Anyone wanting to do this journey together should friend me!!

We can do this!

Replies

• BetterHabits
    Options
    Okay.... I was thinking more about it this afternoon, and I was going to do P90X but I might wait a while for that, and concentrate on better eating and running for now. I want to start small and build to bigger goals.

I might get to P90X eventually but last couple times I tried to start it I got through about a week or two then quit. I keep associating it with a "phase" like a fad diet. So yes - I am going to do this, but by eating low calorie but healthy foods (never under 1,200 calories) and running a few times a week.

Along with that I think a first mini goal of mine will be to start drinking more water and less pepsi max (which I think I am addicted to... eek!)
  • Nektariosmom
    Nektariosmom Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome. Friend me. I am your height!
  • pamelak5
    pamelak5 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I'm your height, too! And a lawyer! I'll "friend" you :)
  • saracatherine89
    saracatherine89 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! :)
  • ksix
    ksix Posts: 7
    Options
    You might enjoy Insanity.

I ran through the 60 day program twice a few years back and had fantastic results. The work outs are short, fast passed and intense. I found the 30 min workouts easier to stick.
  • mcwhit
    mcwhit Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 11" as well. Hoping to lose 20+ pounds. I'll add you!
  • Tammijay
    Tammijay Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi and welcome. Friend me. I am your height!

Me too! I would like to lose about 7 lbs.

I am loving this fitness pal, its pretty neat!
  • laurastrait21
    laurastrait21 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    5'11 and 23 left :) feel free to add!
  • fabdi84
    fabdi84 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Try doing Insanity, then transitioning to P90x. I actually find Insanity harder lol
  • andreaisme
    andreaisme Posts: 43
    Options
    Welcome back! I had the same issue with Coke Zero... haha!
  • ksix
    ksix Posts: 7
    Options
    I meant to ask something earlier. 1200 calories all day and doing p90x doesn't sound right. Are you following their recommended meal plan? When I did the insanity program, I followed their recommended meal plan to about 90% and had great results. Never felt hungry and I knew I was getting the nutrition intake that i was supposed to. I don't do well if I don't have structure. I don't think I would have tried without it.

I can't wait for my spinal fusion to heal. I really want to do it again. I really think I was in the best shape I'd ever been in. Isn't there another insanity series?