zumba for wii

Options
EllenGould
EllenGould Posts: 30 Member
Does anyone have this game and does it provide a good Workout for a beginner at exercising?

Replies

• Ghostpoo
    Ghostpoo Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I have it and I find you work up a bit of a sweat. It is a lot of fun and will def get you moving.
  • IokiOcto
    IokiOcto Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Yes, I absolutely love it. Depending on the length of the work out 20, 45, 60 min, I usually burn anywhere from 400 - 850 calories. The game provides tutorials for the dance mobes but it doesn't take long to catch on. Definitely worth the money!
  • jrlja5
    jrlja5 Posts: 59
    Options
    I have it and it took a few tries to figure out which workout to do. I think I've finally found one I can keep up with. My problem is I have no coordination and felt frustrated because I couldn't keep up. But now, I really work up a sweat and feel like I've done good.
  • EllenGould
    EllenGould Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the responses, think i'll go buy it then
  • frosty73
    frosty73 Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    I checked it out from the library and didn't like it. I started feeling like a rat pacing back and forth in a box.
    Just wasn't my thing, I guess!
  • AimeeLynn90
    AimeeLynn90 Posts: 94
    Options
    I bought it recently and I use it often. Its a fun workout. :)
  • coquigretch
    coquigretch Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I love it! The best way to do it is start with the low intensity workouts to get the basic moves, then work your way to the mid-level and high as you get the hang of it.
  • mrsmel55
    mrsmel55 Posts: 168
    Options
    I have Zumba 2... Get that one, it comes with the belt to hold the remote and it keeps track of your time played and calories burned. I started out slow and on low intensity. I can do it in my living room with no witnesses (LOL) and just dance and sweat and burn lots and lots of calories. I LOVE IT!!!
  • summergirl212
    summergirl212 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I think it is more fun if you have done zumba before because then you recognize the moves and it makes a little more sense. They don't ever really break down the moves but if you don't care how you look and are fine dancing freely in your living room then you can definitely work up a sweat regardless.
  • mogriff1
    mogriff1 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I have it and I find you work up a bit of a sweat. It is a lot of fun and will def get you moving.

Ditto!
  • M1chelles5
    M1chelles5 Posts: 107
    Options
    I have Zumba 2... Get that one, it comes with the belt to hold the remote and it keeps track of your time played and calories burned. I started out slow and on low intensity. I can do it in my living room with no witnesses (LOL) and just dance and sweat and burn lots and lots of calories. I LOVE IT!!!

Thats the one I have too, once you repeat the same "class" over and over it gets much easier! You can start at low intensity, moderate then high...
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,286 Member
    Options
    I definitely read this as "zombie for wii" and now I feel let down.
  • ComicBookGeekGirl
    Options
    Zumba for Wii?? I need this now!!! lol
  • airlily
    airlily Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    It has an option where you can make your own exercise playlist. Then, when you select the songs, it will tell you which ones are low, medium and high intensity. I have one that's 9 songs: LI, LI, MI, MI, HI, HI, MI, LI, LI (cool down song w/ stretching). It's fun!

If you'd like a full review, along with a song list, here you go: http://www.nutwiisystem.com/blog/review-of-zumba-fitness-2-for-wii.html
  • IokiOcto
    IokiOcto Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I definitely read this as "zombie for wii" and now I feel let down.

I'm a BIG fan of Zombies as well!
  • sastewa1
    sastewa1 Posts: 7
    Options
    You should try dance party 3 too. It is a lot of fun and keeps you moving.