Headaches during workout???

Options
Does anyone else get headaches during their workouts? Its more of a "brain freeze" feeling and only lasts a few seconds - I would say only moderate pain. I don't get it during every workout...and there is no specific time during my workouts I get them...but it does bother me. I know it isn't dehydration because I get PLENTY of water in each day. Just wondering if anyone else has this problem.

Replies

• Benson19
    Benson19 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Ever been in any car accidents? any whiplash? bad fall or injuries in the neck region? Stiff neck? Tense shoulder?
  • jammiezene
    jammiezene Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    It happens to me when I attempt cardio work outs on an empty stomach.
  • emnk5308
    emnk5308 Posts: 736
    Options
    Try to hydrate more. =) When you Realllly sweat you might need to try gatorade..
  • rcharlee
    rcharlee Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I sometimes get a sudden odd pain, and my vision gets weird for a split second when doing intense workouts. I was wondering if this was abnormal too. I too hydrate heavily, so dehydration doesn't seem like the cause to me.
  • mrscapamerica
    Options
    I do, but I believe it's from my Fibromyalgia. I have a VERY tense neck all the time. Maybe muscle tension could be your problem too?
  • Jb8885
    Jb8885 Posts: 126
    Options
    I don't get a headache while I'm working out, but I often do about 30 min after a really hard workout....I dont know if its low blood sugar or higher blood pressure or what but it annoys me.
  • M1chelles5
    M1chelles5 Posts: 107
    Options
    I do, but I believe it's from my Fibromyalgia. I have a VERY tense neck all the time. Maybe muscle tension could be your problem too?

Same here, My fibro makes my upper body (shoulders) constantly tense. I have to remember to really, really take time to warm up/cool down and stretch throughout the day.
  • HappyFeat
    HappyFeat Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I get headaches after or during intense plyometric or weight training workouts, which sometimes last for several minutes. This was concerning to me because headaches during workouts could mean narrowing of an artery or an aneurysm and my doctor actually made me get an MRI/MRA but everything was clear. We decided it was likely from posture during the movements leading to tension headaches.
  • DarcieC2389
    DarcieC2389 Posts: 146
    Options
    My husband gets headaches sometimes that are a twinge of pain and are very short in duration.
  • GreenTeaForDays
    GreenTeaForDays Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I think I just cured my workout headaches:

Iron supplements.

Do you eat meat/dark leafy greens? Drinking water is good too and keeping your electrolytes up. If the pain was severe, consider consulting you doctor.
  • schula10
    schula10 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone... I do have a very tense neck/shoulder but I also may be lacking the iron!! I will try a few of these ideas to see if it helps!