You Shouldn't Be Eating That ???

Options
annalicous
annalicous Posts: 55 Member
I Hate It When I'm Tucking Into A Bag Of Chips Or A Beautiful Piece Of Cake & Someone Turns Round & Says:

'You Shouldn't Be Eating That...'

I Mean What On Earth Gives Someone Else The Right To Say That To Another Individual.

Friends & Family Might Think They Are Helping When They Make Sarcy Comments Like That But It Doesn't.

If I Want To Have A Bag Of Chips I Really Don't See What The Problem Is...& Why Would You Say To Someone You Shouldn't

Be Eating That? Are Chips Just Reserved For Skinny Peooooople...

I Walked Into The Shop The Other Day & Bought A Chocolate Bar & The Man Behind The Til Said To me 'It's Not Good You

Know, Eating To Much Chocolate'... I Mean How Does he know I Eat To Much Chocolate? Is There Chocolate On My Face? Are

There Chocolate Wrappers On The Trail Of My Shooooe? Is There Chocolate Smoothered All Over My Face?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO...

So Just Because I'm 'FAT' You Asssssume I've Got A Special Shovel To Shove Chocolate Down My Throat...

I'm Fed Up Of It..

What Makes It Worse Is When A Fat Person Does it...I Mean Ur Bigger Than The Person You Are Giving The Advise Too, Do U

Really Expect The Other Person To Take Ur Advice...

People Need To Learn To Mind There Own Business...

Just A Little Advise:- Why U Are Busy Worrying About Someone Else's Waistline, You Are Neglecting Ur Own...

Don't Judge Me Like U Know Me Like That...

Replies

• Ketomaniac9
    Ketomaniac9 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Yeah people are *kitten* just laugh at em and ignore it.
  • DrJanet98
    DrJanet98 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    My mom gets one package of dark chocolate Hershey's Kisses each month, and she makes that bag last the entire month, and that is her only indulgence. That little bit of chocolate lets her avoid feeling deprived, and it's something that's rich in antioxidants and good fats. She's been losing a few pounds a year for the last several years, and *keeping it off* which is the hard part for anyone.

Only you know how well you are doing. If anyone else tries to tell you what not to eat or what not to buy, just tell them, "I know you mean to help, but do you *really* think you're going to change anyone else's behavior by belittling them in public? You don't know what I weighed last month or last year, you don't know how much exercise I do, and you don't know how long it's been since I've had anything like this. Another good one is, "You don't know my medical history. To assume someone is overweight because of overindulgence instead of medical reasons is like me assuming you're rude because of malice instead of ignorance and stupidity."

Or, in the case of the cashier, you can ask to speak to the manager, and let *them* know that one of their employees is being rude to customers. I'm sure a reprimand from their boss will have more impact on their behavior than anything you can say.
  • Aoife_Eile
    Aoife_Eile Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I bought a box of weight watchers biscuits during the week. Mum saw the box and immediately made a face and said "you shouldn't be eating them". I mean....seriously?!
  • unicornpoop
    unicornpoop Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Lord help anyone who says anything about what I'm eating. My mother always taught me not to comment on someone else's food.
  • amfmmama
    amfmmama Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    It is especially bad when people know that you are watching what you eat. Everyone is a critic. The only time I ever felt it worse in my life is when I was pregnant. EVERYONE thinks that they have a right to an opinion! I had one woman tell me that her sister told her I should not dye my hair. My response, " Where did your sister go to medical school. Oh, she didn't ? Let me know when she does, until then I will listen to my doctor. And, yes I am dying my hair and I will be drinking a big diet pepsi while I am doing it!" Best part... I did not even know her.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    well I took a look at your food diary and if you were my sister or my mom or a friend I would tell you that you eat like crap! Dont mean o be harsh but it is what it is
  • victoria4321
    victoria4321 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    well I took a look at your food diary and if you were my sister or my mom or a friend I would tell you that you eat like crap! Dont mean o be harsh but it is what it is

Yeah I'm not gonna lie i've said it to family. I dont think anyone should be eating a whole family size bag of chips to be honest
  • Meikmeika
    Meikmeika Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    This is the exact reason I hate mentioning I'm on a diet to anyone. Suddenly they become the food police.....
  • annalicous
    annalicous Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    to The Person Who Assumed I bought A Family Sized Bag Of Chips...

It wasn't actually...It was quite a small portion...

But When it comes down to it chips are chips...
  • Kalynx
    Kalynx Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    I have a very good friend and coworker that is always asking me about my food..and I know she is only asking out of love and concern. "How can you eat REAL BUTTER if you are losing weight??" I am quick to tell her it may be real butter but the fake crap is much worse for my body and its not like I'm eating a whole stick of it!! Or my favorite from her "how can you eat some much cheese??" LOL I just nicely tell her that its not much cheese and I point out how overall my lunch is only this many calories, so much fat and check out my sodium number! She shuts up pretty quick ;)

I'm taking her a book I read about healthy good ingredients that I loved and learned a lot from - she is open to a new way of thinking about 'diets.' I think thats really a big part of the problem, so many people think to lose weight you must be miserable, eat things you hate and only 'diet' food with a side of salad. I keep bring these yummy creations with fresh products and they get confused!!
  • Kalynx
    Options
    and to OP - if every now and then you need a chip or two go for it - just make sure you have a good balance long term.. you dont want to do all this work now and go back to your old habits once you are fabulous and gain all the weight back. They just hatin.
  • avafrisbee
    avafrisbee Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    It's a pet peeve of mine as well. Shut the h*ll up and let me worry about my diet.

Isn't it tiring capitalizing the first letter of every word in a post? My niece does that too and I was just wondering why? Habit?
  • Kalynx
    Options
    I find it harder to read but whatever we all do weird stuff lol ....maybe she's going for a higher calorie burn with her typing ;)
  • victoria4321
    victoria4321 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    to The Person Who Assumed I bought A Family Sized Bag Of Chips...

It wasn't actually...It was quite a small portion...

But When it comes down to it chips are chips...

I didn't say your chips, how in the world would I know how much chips you eat LOL. I mean when I see people in my family or friends eating all those chips. I can't help but tell them "You know that really isn't good for you. You can try blah blah blah". I mean really, no chips are good for anyone. It's empty fried calories and too much salt.

My weight loss started with my brother pointing out how much weight I gained. I honestly didn't think I weighed too much when I was really fat so I'm glad he told me.
  • Rayman79
    Rayman79 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    Is the caps button on your keyboard broken?
  • Rayman79
    Rayman79 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    Seriously though, there is a mix of intrusiveness and well-meaning in a statement like that.

Are they making unfair judgements about your eating habits? Probably.
    Would they make the comment if they didn't care at all about your health and well-being? Probably not

Add to this the fact that most people are pretty ignorant about what constitutes 'healthy' eating, and that moderate amounts of almost any foods are fine in a wholistically sound diet.

I think there are always two responses to any given situation. One is negative (ie they're judging me and I'm pissed off about it), and the other is positive (I may not like the comment but they are saying it because they care about me).

Just think about it. :flowerforyou:
  • nas24
    nas24 Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    I live in a house with people that eat about 30 times worst than i do, so i haven't heard that here, and i better not. If anything, ive swallowed my words and not said something about some of the things they eat. As much as i dont want people saying anything about what i eat, i wont say anything to them.
  • amy1612
    amy1612 Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    You're on about chips as in sliced potato, not crisps right?

Yeah its a pain in the bum when people comment on what you eat, but maybe you've go a chip on your shoulder about it. You;re here because you wan to be healthy and lose weight, you know you need to lose weight, so just ignore anything that annoys you and do it.
  • amy1612
    amy1612 Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    And whats with capitalising every word? It hurts.
  • REET420
    REET420 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    What really bites at my *kitten* is when people call me fat and tell me I need to lose weight. Then offer me junk food and complain if I don't eat it. I say no and they stick the bag in my face. I get irritated and give them a stern NO and they get all worked up. " why are you getting mad?"
    Me "because I ****ing told you no 3 goddamn times already and your still shoving it in my face"

Then it starts a big fight and I'm the one who has a bad attitude or needs to take medication to control my anger.

Another one is if I ask for one chip out of a bag I get "don't eat them all" They never say **** like that to the thin people actually the thin ones can sit on the couch and gorge 2000 calories by eating a huge bag of chips in 1 sitting and that's perfectly acceptable but the world will end if the fat *kitten* eats a hand full of chips. Just because you don't gain weight doesn't mean your not clogging your arteries by eating ****ty food. And just because I'm fat doesn't mean I'm a vaccuum cleaner that sucks up all the left overs and crap that I possibly can fit into my obese gut. /rant