Heart Rate Monitor

Options
Hi all,

I am looking to buy a heart rate monitor to get a better estimate on my calorie burning. Are there any recommendations out there. I have seen price ranges from 25.00-299.00. Would love any input you can give.

Replies

• jetswa737
    jetswa737 Posts: 28
    Options
    Hi all,

I am looking to buy a heart rate monitor to get a better estimate on my calorie burning. Are there any recommendations out there. I have seen price ranges from 25.00-299.00. Would love any input you can give.
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    Polars

http://www.polarusa.com/consumer/productfinder/productfinder.asp

but you can get them cheaper then the site.

I have an F6 but almost all the line is great, depends on what you want to do with it.
  • sr2000
    sr2000 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I just got a brand new in box polar f6 on ebay for about $85. Ebay and amazon.com have several listings for HRMs, and you can get a new one for less $ than in stores. But if you'd rather shop in person, many sporting and outdoor stores should have them.
    My f6 works great for keeping me working out at the right intensity for various levels of cardio exercise and acurately tracking my calories burned during exercise. I use it at the gym, running or walking outside, and doing aerobics.
  • timisw
    timisw Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Was comparing the F55 to F11 to F6.

I dont really mind the price for the latest technology, but some questions:

1) Does the F55 only give you the custom workout and relaxation test?

2) Do these work with/without the chest strap?

3) Is the chest strap separate?

4) Can you leave the thing on all day to count calories? Or is there a limit to the time?

5) Does anyone have the F55 for their own personal review?

Tim