Anybody ever use a fat burner like hydroxycut?

Options
I tried it for 1 week and stopped because my weight was plateauing, and now, even though I have the same diet of 1200 calories. My weight keeps going up...I don't know what to do. When it will stop going up and start going down? Is this normal? I've been off of it for a week and am still gaining.

Suggestions? Advice?

Replies

• Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    How long have you been eating at this level for?
  • LetsDoTh1S
    LetsDoTh1S Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Just made a drop about 4 weeks ago. I was at 1380 -> 1340 -> 1310 before and dropping a lb a week..
  • shakybabe
    shakybabe Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    Maybe you're undereating if don't eat back exercise calories? but I started with Capsiplex last year as I could barely manage 30 mins exercise and that kept me going for 2 hours at first. I found i sweated more and lost alot of initial water weight. I didn't seem to hold as much water from carbs or exercises sessions either as what I did when I stopped taking them.

I went low carb to compensate and dropped 7lbs in one week (probably all water but great to see on the scale! ), but I stopped counting calories once I knew I rarely went over 1200 if only was eating fruit, veg and salad with fish or lean white meat (or quorn products sometimes as don't eat much red meat).

I save my carb treats for week before my monthly cycle starts when I'm gaining water anyway, then as they start and water starts coming off I also lose the extra water from the carbs, if I treated myself to pasta or pizza etc! I usually got my biggest loss that week (not counting the temp water that went on from TOTM).. though this last month I didn't lose anything. I spotted some OEP on ebay I bought it to drop the last few pounds and reach my goal date in time. They don't like to recommend them on here but they do give me energy to exercise more which results in me been fitter. Lots of bodybuilders use them, I got all my info on OEP from bodybuilding sites.
  • led6777
    led6777 Posts: 268
    Options
    check out the "eat more to weigh less" group on MFP. it will change your whole mindset. you're starving yourself and diet pills can't compensate for that
  • rovernio
    rovernio Posts: 157
    Options
    are you carefully weighing your food? its eazy to underestimate colories
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    How long have you been dieting in total?
  • alexias9
    alexias9 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    ive tried hydroxycut and know others that have with no results. its all caffeine. its no differnt than taking yellow jackets from the gas station. i've tried fasten xr after seeing some friends lose weight with it. i havent lost any pounds but i have lost an inch and ive taken it for a month. ive tried regular fasten before and its the same as hydroxycut but more caffeine. i dont take as much as it says. im a third shift worker so its harder for me to maintain my weight than other shift workers. i take one around lunch time, one before work and one around my break time. sometimes i dont take the third one. if you combine fasten xr with a high fiber, high protein diet, it helps to turn fat into muscle faster. it'll also fill you up faster so you don't feel hungry as often or need to eat as much.