Healthy Mediterranean Meals

Options
Right folks...I need help.

One week from today I'm driving my family to the west of France (we're in Scotland) in a motorhome to watch the motocross. My problem is that I love France for many, many reasons, with one of the most important reasons being the food! I love French baking, adore French wine, and could happily live my entire life on nothing more than French cheese. And what am I cutting back on at the moment? Bread, cheese and alcohol!!

So, I am hoping that some of you might have some great ideas for authentic (and easy to prepare) meals that I can take with us. I'll probably indulge a little while I'm there, but I need to avoid crashing my diet completely.

Tip and suggestions would be very welcome! :)

Replies

• bryonysten
    bryonysten Posts: 44
    Options
    The fresh vegetables in the Med are amazing. You could have healthy breakfasts of say yoghurt and honey, maybe with a little fruit. Lunch - gorgeous salad with juicy tomatoes, onions, spicy rocket, olives etc with some crumbled french goats cheese and a small hunk of bread. Add some fresh lemon to some sparkling water for a different taste and to help fill you up. Snack on fresh melons and peaches in the afternoon. In the evening, enjoy fresh fish, and have some wine, just try and avoid the creamy sauces.
    I think you should give yourself a little bit of a break on holiday, but if you try and be sensible for breakfast and lunch you can indulge yourself (and have wine!) at dinner without it impacting on you too much. Make sure you enjoy some exercise whilst you're there too and it shouldn't affect you too badly.
    Good luck