P90x or Insanity or any other exercise?

Options
Hi Folks,
Could you please suggest which program should I begin with P90x, Insanity or anthing else that you might suggest.
I am not a pro yet :D Just started going to gym since last couple of months :bigsmile: . Fitness level is maybe just OK (at best) :embarassed:

I have lost around 20kg in the last 8 months and am now thinking of moving to more systematic exercise routine because:
1. Weight loss has almost stalled.
2. Want to focus on muscle growth along with weight loss as well now.

Thanks.

Replies

• puckettns
    puckettns Posts: 1
    Options
    I suggest P90X first until you get some indurance built up. I have Insanity but I can not do it due to some poor knees and untrained lungs. It is brutal but it does what it says it will dojust ask my wife she is now doing Insanity. Plus P90X is great for muscle growth, my brother does P90X and he got the same results as they do on tv.
  • kooldill
    kooldill Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    go to beachbody .com take the fitness test for p90x if you can do it than do p90x if not then start with power 90 it can build you up to p90x it is actually the precdessor to p90x check it out hope that helps
  • markpmc
    markpmc Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Most programs from beachbody are circuit training. Meaning that they'll all leave you winded in the end. They have a few programs that are considered 'foundation' programs. Either Power 90 or RevAbs will get you ready for the more advanced workouts. You CAN do p90x or Insanity from absolute zero, but it's quite hard if your cardio conditioning is lacking.
  • SanyamKaushik
    SanyamKaushik Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Thanks Guys.
    kooldill, thanks for the pointer for beach... site....
    jus going to arrange for DVDs and see if I can do it in Gym :p