I think I've hit a plateau.

Options
Any suggestions? D:

Replies

• sweetpea03b
    sweetpea03b Posts: 1,124 Member
    Options
    I am on a 6mo plateau myself. I've heard different things from different people.... take a break and try to maintain a little while... then start back up (this didn't work for me... I gained).

or...

Try to change it up a little. If you're like I am you do the same workout everyday and you eat the same thing for breakfast and lunch and snacks everyday. Try doing a different workout a few days a week... switch up your meals. When your body gets "comfortable" it says... okay cool... I like it at this weight. You kinda have to give it a kickstart and say NO... we're still gonna lose weight! Good luck!
  • 2kaizen
    2kaizen Posts: 64
    Options
    Make sure you are not in starvation mode! I thought I hit a plateau and because I wasn't logging my calories, it took me a while to realize I wasn't loosing weight because I was eating too few calories. Once I increased my caloric intake, the weight started coming off.

How weird is that!

Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • supafly
    supafly Posts: 36
    Options
    oh ok... thanks.
    i'll check into these things. (=
    i've been doing around 1200 cals.
    maybe that's too low.
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    I had to start eating more and increased calories to 1500 as my net - I am losing again - but it took about a month of persistance.