Weight Gain after the long weeknd

Options
So I am up 2 pounds since my last weigh in and I know it is because I get in that "long weekend" mentality. I indulged a bit too much in alcohol and dessert. I won't beat myself about it, but I was wondering do other people do the same thing?

Replies

• lynnmarie60
    lynnmarie60 Posts: 325
    Options
    yes it happens, just get back into it and you will be fine.
  • dianacrum
    dianacrum Posts: 67
    Options
    yep....just about every weekend...I am starting to get the message that it is REALLY slowing me down, so I am going to cut back :)
  • richx83
    richx83 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Yep i went for a 15 mile hike and put on 5lbs, therefore hiking is worse for you than desserts and alcohol lol
  • krenwren
    krenwren Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Absolutely, not every weekend but enough so that the early part of the week is spent playing catch up! I tend to be more active on the weekend so that helps to blunt the extra intake.
  • jsjaclark
    jsjaclark Posts: 303
    Options
    Yes it happens to me too. Especially this time of year - graduation parties don't help and we also had a gathering to welcome our new youth pastor last night - we are blessed with a guy who is great with a grill as well as others who are great bakers (we could have our own cupcake wars). I am trying to get back on track and be conscious of what I eat while at these parties.
  • grassette
    grassette Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    I do. It's part of life, and part of losing over the long term. You can't diet every single minute, and those two pounds come off almost as quickly as they come on. The main thing is to have the occasional feast, but not make it and everyday habit.
  • michcruz
    michcruz Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    yep....just about every weekend...I am starting to get the message that it is REALLY slowing me down, so I am going to cut back :)

I am totally with dianacrum on this one...it's just about every weekend for me too! It's also because i'm so close to my goal weight that I've kind of gotten the mentality in my head that I don't need to work as hard, but that's not true! I need to just get myself there and stay there! :)
  • semeyer
    semeyer Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Every. Weekend.

I am real bad with self control over the weekend and usually always see a little hike in the lbs on Monday and Tuesday. As long as I keep it together during the week, I notice the trend still remains on losing weight, just not as fast.
  • shannairl
    shannairl Posts: 65
    Options
    Yup, party - cake, beer, you name it, I ate it. And I got up Monday morning and went straight back into my exercise & food routine, just write it off, don't let the guilt ruin a good week!
  • gatorginger
    gatorginger Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    I was out of town for a three day weekend and I gained 2 pounds but I got back on track yesterday and lost them already. It's normal to gain a few when you cheat, just make sure you get back on track.
  • MelanieAG05
    MelanieAG05 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Yep - I often write off the weekends! It was my husbands birthday last weekend and I just came back to work today after 3 days of indulgence. No weight change though fortunately!
  • aromaqueen
    aromaqueen Posts: 1
    Options
    It's hard with the summer coming on but the weather allows more outside activity so it's a balancing act. Wish it was as easy to lose two pounds as it is to gain it...lol!
  • Elf_Princess1210
    Elf_Princess1210 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    Guilty on the dessert, but not alcohol ( I only drink maybe 3 times a year)
  • phinphanbill26
    phinphanbill26 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I spend all week losing weight just to gain it back over the weekend. Getting on the scale on Monday morning is kinda like "Groundhog's Day" for me.
  • SL22268
    SL22268 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I still count calories and exercise on the weekends, but I think I do indulge a bit more in fattening/sodium filled foods. I am currently weighing in on Mondays but am going to change to Fridays so I'm not coming off the "weekend-high" of all the food I have eaten, lol - you can do it - don't get discouraged :)
  • EmmaM2211
    EmmaM2211 Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    A friends birthday this weekend, I ate (drank) a lot of calories but hey ho not going to let it bother me in the slightest. Felt like crap yesterday and had put on 4lbs, already lost 2 of them today and hopefully back to where I was last week by tomorrow. Just get right back on the horse and drink plenty of water to flush out all those toxins and you'll be laughing :flowerforyou:
  • billgiersberg
    billgiersberg Posts: 163
    Options
    The weekends are hard on me and I don't do any alcohol or desserts. I think my problem is just snacking. I am learning as I try to get to my weight goal how to control that snacking when I am at home. For some reason, I have no desire to snack at work or during the day on the weekends. There is something in the evenings that is triggering me and it seems that Friday and Sunday evenings are especially difficult times for me.
  • DterMined2012
    DterMined2012 Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    TOTALLY DESCRIBES ME!!!
    I have grown to dread the weekends :cry:
    but like you I'm getting the message :wink:
  • arl29
    arl29 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I'm there with a lot of you. I am terrible on Friday nights and Saturdays. On Sundays I normally eat too much. I'm still losing but barely... I need to get more serious. I think it's okay to let loose once in awhile but 3 days a week. Yikes! This weekend will be difficult with Memorial Day on Monday. I am going to try to "be good" every day this week/weekend except for Monday. :tongue:
  • DarcieC2389
    DarcieC2389 Posts: 146
    Options
    I had Olive Garden this weekend and bakery cake for my niece's graduation. Got back on plan yesterday and my weight is back to what it was.