Noob with long road ahead of me!

Options
Hello,

I'm new to this, I'd love to make some friends for mutual support!

I'm a thirty something woman from Hampshire, England.

I have a lot to lose, but this time I am determined to do it!

I was previously doing Slimming World, however what with the unlimited pasta, spuds, etc I wasn't loosing any weight! Actually in my 10 weeks there, I had 2 amazing losses, and small gains each other week. My consultant couldnt offer much more by the way of advice, than ' you're not eating enough' one week, then 'you're eating too much free food'!

I'm counting my cals and carbs, as per the app. Oh and doing some walking.

Hope you're all enjoying the sunshine!
Sixten. X

Replies

• pookaness
    pookaness Posts: 15
    Options
    Hello,
    I'm 27 and also pretty new to this. I'm from Montana, US, and have about 30 pounds to lose. I was doing Weight Watchers, but left do to I wasn't losing the weight anymore. I learned about MyFitnessPal from one of my second cousins who is looking GREAT. I did about 66 minutes of walking a day, but now am thinking about starting a new routine. I'm going to try walking for 5 minutes as a warm-up, jog for 20 minutes (about 10-12 minutes a mile), and than cool-down with a 5 minute walk.

Tara Marie Straight
  • sarahelmulato
    Options
    Ya'll this site works miracles. Whether it is because of all the people supporting you, or just following the calorie limit, it is amazing.

16019932.png
  • AliceKlaar
    AliceKlaar Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome! I live in The Cotswolds and am on here most days, feel free to add me :o)
  • 7honey3
    7honey3 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hiya,

I'm new too ( although joined last year and promptly forgot about it!)

I'm also a 30 something woman from the UK and watching the calories and walking - I also intend to dig out my hula hoop and actually use it!

I'm loving the sunshine here today!

Good luck x
  • Kelsathebay
    Kelsathebay Posts: 34
    Options
    hi there this is a great site, lot of inspirational people with great stories, and lots of motivation. i have used the site for a while but only recently got involved with the community of people and i have to say it helps you stay on track just make sure you login everyday and there is always someone giving positive words and encouragement.
    anyone can feel free to add me.
  • BookofJenny
    BookofJenny Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Hi! I started using the forum/community side of this app recently and already I have so much support and positive encouragement, it really helps to keep you focused and motivated - feel free to add:)
  • Sixten_Rockstad
    Options
    Wow, thanks for the lovely replies! And the friend invites.

You guys are ace!
    :)

Sixten. X