In Chicago & want to lose 20 in 5 months

Options
Although I started MFP on March 24, 2012, I did not get active until the 8 weeks.

In the first 8 weeks, I lost 1/2 pound per week so maybe this diet will take longer. I will try to make some modifications so that I can lose 1/week. I would like to fit into my fall and winter clothes and be prepared for Thanksgiving and Christmas.

While I think I can stick with a controlled calorie diet most days, I think I am least motivated with the strength training. I wish I could have some advice on strength training for beginners!

Starting weight 190
Current 182 (As of may 15)
Overall Goal 160-165

Forecast
Jun 180, Jul 176, Aug 172,
Sept 168, Oct 164, Nov 160

Why I Want To Get In Shape
Objectives:
a) 33 inch waist (approximately 160 lbs). Every 5 pounds is approximately an inch off the waist for me. So that is 5 inches.
b) Increased flexibility
c) 50 pushups from 15 (now 20)
d) 42 inch chest; increase upper muscle mass by 1 inch; approximately add 7-10 pounds of muscle

My Inspirations
My pal on WW - started 2012 March 20 so I am a week behind
190 pounds/39 inch; 180/37; 170/35; 160/33

Replies

• Bry8432
    Bry8432 Posts: 37
    Options
    Hello,

I saw your post and I'm here t0 support you. Feel free to add me. 20lbs in 5 months in a beautiful goal because you only have to lose 4 lbs a month!

You can do it!
  • insightdean
    insightdean Posts: 19
    Options
    thanks for your comment. all of us I am sure want instant results. "want to lose 30 lbs by next week" but we all know that is silly. doing it a little at a time means that you have to stick with a plan day by day. that is hard because it is a change from the past. for me, the two things that are difficult to "control" are working out and drinking enough water every day. today, i have planned on working out at 4 PM today.
  • EchoOfYourPast
    EchoOfYourPast Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you have a gr8 plan....add me if you like...my goal is another 26 pounds.

San :)
  • kryscallarman
    kryscallarman Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Great plan! I know you can do it!