More time equals less motivation?

Options
I've managed to get up at 5:30 and have a morning walk every day since starting MFP. (Granted, that's all of four days now.) I took today off of work to get some errands done (I just graduated from college, and "work" is a voluntary extension of my internship) and now I can't motivate myself to get up off of the computer, much less out the door to walk OR do the important tasks I set the day aside to do.

Most days I am running to get everything done. These last few weeks -- exams, graduation, finishing my internship, returning to my internship as a volunteer, beginning real-job hunting-- have been really stressful, and now that I have a moment to breath, I just want to zone out and stare at the wall for a while. Which would not be helpful.

Anyone have any words of wisdom and/or motivation?

Replies

• Ashekelle
    Ashekelle Posts: 13
    Options
    bump. (no shame.)
  • lauras777
    lauras777 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you have had a stressful few weeks, but you won't feel any better tomorrow if you don't get up and do something today!! :happy:

Maybe get out there and do a quick 15 minute walk, and then another later in the day? You've got this!!
  • diddyh
    diddyh Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I get the same way. On busy days I get up and get my workout in at 5 a.m. On days I don't work (weekends) I goof off and struggle to get my workout in because I know I can do it later.