31yr old Male, Philadelphia 119 lbs to lose.

Options
Hey everyone, I'm new so wanted to introduce myself. My wife and I have decided that enough is enough and we need to get healthy. We both lost weight for our wedding last year (I lost about 40 lbs), but have since gained it all back. I know what I need to do, but just need to do it. Hopefully this website will provide us with the motivation and support that we need!

Good luck to everyone!

Zac

Replies

• twiglips
    twiglips Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! Good luck on your journey!
  • NomadicKris
    NomadicKris Posts: 90
    Options
    Welcome :) Good luck! It's great that you are doing it together.
  • phinphanbill26
    phinphanbill26 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Zac - hello from Bucks County!!!

Having your spouse as a weight loss partner is a great first step. Best of luck on your journey.

Feel free to add me for electronic support!
  • znm100
    znm100 Posts: 148
    Options
    Thanks everyone. We are looking forward to it. It's going to be tough because we both LOVE food, but I think we both love being healthy and alive more!
  • felicia8604
    felicia8604 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    There is alot of support on here whenever you need it. Just remember this is a lifestyle change not a diet. I know its hard to resist pizza or donuts but i have noticed that after i eat those things i still dont feel satisfied. So its not even worth it. And for the exercise part sometimes its hard to get off your butt, but after you get done you will feel awesome! you just have to remember those feelings. Good luck, you and your wife will do great.
  • laineywood113
    laineywood113 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Good luck Zac! We've both got about the same amount to lose. My goal was to lose 120 lbs and I'm down 20 lbs so far! :happy:
  • phillieschic
    phillieschic Posts: 615
    Options
    Good luck, Zac! Welcome!

Go Phillies!!! :drinker:
  • o_delaisse
    o_delaisse Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Welcome :) Here for support if you want to add me :)

I've lost 100lbs since 2010, but I lost it the wrong way. I joined MFP in January and am in process of re-education. Still have a lot to learn, so it's like I'm just starting really!
  • miranda_mom
    miranda_mom Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    Welcome and greetings from the Lehigh Valley - feel free to add me.
  • stefanieceleste0530
    stefanieceleste0530 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Welcome, Zac (and Zac's wife!). I think it's great that you're doing this together....having the support at home is HUGE!.

Best of luck to you both from another "local" (I'm in Bucks!)
  • dixiech1ck
    dixiech1ck Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    Hi Zac and welcome. MyFitnessPal is an awesome tool to use and turn to during your process. Make sure to check out the recipes section, the Fitness and Motivation section and ask questions if you need. You can also use the "Search" button at the top to look up something that may have already been asked. It's not hard to do this program -- you eat what you want, in moderation, but also making good choices. Drink your water, make sure you get in your exercise (SO incredibly important) and also, eat back some of your exercise calories. That'll help you to burn more.

My one suggestion is to have you and your wife invest in a heart rate monitor. The calorie burns on this site for exercise are either somewhat excessive OR are very low for the amount of working you'd be doing. I've found a Polar Heart Rate monitor has been my best tool to know what my actual burn is. Some people have chosen to purchase the Fit Bit. Either way, they are a great monetary investment (roughly $70 - 100). Good luck!

By the way, greetings from Montgomery County!
  • amanda8o
    amanda8o Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as a friend (also from Pa) also hoping to lose over 100,good luck on your journey to you and your wife,this website is a blessing!!
  • macmess
    macmess Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hello Zac, and welcome!
    I am in southern NJ. Add if you like. I have been using this site in Nov and it has done wonders for me. I am also trying to drop over 100 lbs and am well on my way.You'll find a lot of great, supportive people here.
    All the best! You got this!
    -J
  • dorothytd
    dorothytd Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    Zac - greetings from South Jersey! Agreed - spouse as your partner is the best! Make changes in the house! Exercise together! It is great. As for food, love it all you want! Just love it in a healthy new way. We have had a great time inventing and tweaking recipes that fit better with a healthy lifestyle. Best wishes for your journey.
  • znm100
    znm100 Posts: 148
    Options
    thanks again everyone. Yes I agree that is very important to have the support of your spouse and to do this stuff together. My wife doesn't have nearly as much weight to lose as I do, but as everyone says, it is a lifestyle change, not a diet, so that will help us push through once she has hit her goal and I still have more weight to lose.
  • COCOA813
    COCOA813 Posts: 3
    Options
    Hello ...my name is cocoa...im in this weight loss journey with you....good luck!!
  • Mickey111970
    Options
    Good Luck Zac to you and your wife from Central PA!:happy: