Very fussy eater need ideas on snacks

Options
Piskie26
Piskie26 Posts: 5 Member
Hi everyone,

I need to lose 47lbs to get health for trying for a baby and I'm a very fussy eater and am struggling for tasty snacks for the office that are at the same time healthy. Any advice from someone in a similar situation or anyone at all would be great.

Thanks!
:happy:

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Without knowing what you do and don't like it's hard to give suggestions. I would just say watch portions of what you eat and leave some calories for snacking.
  • stephl21uk
    stephl21uk Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    i like to snack on crisp breads, if ur in the uk asda's own brand are only 16cals each i top mine with tuna and sweetcorn, tuna and avacado, cheese spread, cottage cheese or anything you like! i also snack on fruit..... how about snack a jacks...lots of yummy flavours! or special k snack breaks are nice especially the choc flavoured ones!....hope this helps x
  • shelbyfrootcake
    shelbyfrootcake Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    How fussy is very fussy? What do you currently snack on (or snacked on previously)? What sort of things do you really like or dislike?
  • EmmaM2211
    EmmaM2211 Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Rice cakes are my go to snack, they're huge so I dont feel cheated and depending on flavour are between 30 and 70 cals per cake so you can even have 2 and not feel guilty. Plus loads of different flavours for even the fussiest of eaters. xxx
  • Dannib55
    Dannib55 Posts: 50
    Options
    I like air popped popcorn and you can season it however you want. I prefer salt and garlic
  • shelbyfrootcake
    shelbyfrootcake Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    My snacks are big mugs of herbal tea when I'm being good and are 120g bars of Fruit and Nut when I've got the hump and think 'balls to it'.
  • LauraSmyth28
    LauraSmyth28 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Another crispbread fan here, the ones I eat are 23 cals each and I eat them with low fat philadelphia with chives. 4 of them + philly is 130 cals.
  • tony2009
    tony2009 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I eat chewy granola bars from my local Kroger store (90-100 cals/ea bar) and pretzels while I'm chained to my desk at work...rice cakes are good too... also nuts are good for you too...go for the unsalted ones to avoid all the sodium tho!
  • tomhancock
    tomhancock Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Try to find something with fiber and/or protein in it to fill you up. Eating pure carbohydrates for your snacks will just spike your blood sugar and in an hour or two you will be craving something else to eat because they don't fill you up.
  • sleepyjean88
    sleepyjean88 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Another fan of crispbreads the ones I have are only 20 calories, also I tend to snack on rice cakes or grapes, chopped up fruit with a little natural yogurt.
  • selfishshellfish
    Options
    Snacks are all about nuts for me - nuts of all kinds. And occasionally I have them with very dark chocolate.

I'm partial to a hard boiled egg, too.
  • MissCheese
    MissCheese Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Raw carrots and bell peppers with hoummus. Satisfies the sweet and savoury craving.
  • Piskie26
    Piskie26 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Wow, thanks everyone. I think snack-a-jacks/ricecakes and crisp breads are the way forward as I get bored of fruit. Someone asked how fussy so here goes:
    the only veg I'll eat is green beans (love them) and swede, occasionally broccoli and carrots but that's pretty much it. With fruit I'll eat apples, bananas and grapes. I'll eat most meats but not fish unless from the chip shop, haha! I love bread and potatoes and also have cereal (mostly rice krispies) for breakfast. Of course I LOVE chocolate, crisps and biscuits but I've cut them out and am filling up on the bubbles from diet coke!

Thanks again for the ideas, will be popping to the shops tonight!