Nike Fuel Band?!?!?!

Options
adezeray
adezeray Posts: 72 Member
Hi I wanted to see if anyone else on this site owned a Nike Fuel Band and what you think of it. I just purchased one, however I feel as though the amount of calories it says I burn is way to high. I'm not sure if it's just me, so I just thought I would ask for some input. Thank you!!!

Replies

• ladykayaker
    Options
    I don't have the Nike Fuelband, but I do have the Body Media fit and the first surprise was how many calories it said I was burning. Also - a lot higher than what MFP was telling me. Many people on these forums seem to agree that MFP sets our calories burned and calories to consume as very low and many find the calories to consume as quite miserable. Based on my experience with BodyMedia, if Nike Fuelband is saying your calories burned is higher than you expected, then it is very likely correct! Many on these forums find they do better with taking in more calories than MFP suggests. Let us know how you fare ...
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    Hi..I do have a nike fuel band. it's not meant to be used as a HRM as it has no heart rate sensors. i believe it has an 'accelerometer' , a lot like the nintendo wii that measures motion and converts it into nike 'fuel', which is what nike wants to sell as it's unique feature. it's calorie reading will never be as accurate as an HRM and it can and is recommended to be used WITH a HRM if you are doing aggressive exercises. Im not exactly sure how I am benefitting with this new toy, it was a gift and have no 'friends' to compete with lol
  • volvol16
    volvol16 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hi..I do have a nike fuel band. it's not meant to be used as a HRM as it has no heart rate sensors. i believe it has an 'accelerometer' , a lot like the nintendo wii that measures motion and converts it into nike 'fuel', which is what nike wants to sell as it's unique feature. it's calorie reading will never be as accurate as an HRM and it can and is recommended to be used WITH a HRM if you are doing aggressive exercises. Im not exactly sure how I am benefitting with this new toy, it was a gift and have no 'friends' to compete with lol

I just got the Nike Fuel Band and I don't have any friends to compete with either. Do you want to add me?
  • pelican16
    pelican16 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have the fuel band and am so frustrated because I cannot compare it with a HRM. I am doing insanity now but after a whole session, my fuel will say I burnt about 230-odd calories.. but on MFP, if I log it using circuit training, I should have burnt around 450cal.
    After spending $200 on this, I still want to go ahead and buy a $50 HRM to confirm. Sigh.