I'm in a rut!

Options
I'm struggling I can't get over this hump... I lose then I gain... I drop then I jump... I don't know what to do. I'm 20lbs from my goal and I'm stuck in a rut!
Please Help! Any Ideas are welcomed :)

Replies

• Stallion_Duck007
    Options
    First off, I've been in your shoes. I know how it feels to yo-yo, to be plateu'd, and to be in a rut. I know what it feels like to be tired and want to give up completely.
    Just don't.

Here's the thing, there's no magic solution to getting yourself out of a rut. The best advice I can give;
    JUST DO IT.

Just do what ever it is you say you want to do.
    "I want to eat healthier."
    "I want to exercise."
    It doesn't matter if it's a Wednesday, or what time it is, just get up and work out.

Also, BE PATIENT. These things take time, I know, I'm trying to loose 70 lbs. That's hard work but I know it will take me time and I won't loose it all right away. Just let it happen. Stay dedicated, and it will.

With that in mind, KEEP SWIMMING. don't give up! Even if you aren't loosing any weight, you are maintaining a healthy life style, and building muscle to create a lean mean fighting machine!

Hope this helps! Good luck!
    xoxo
  • cari4jc1
    cari4jc1 Posts: 233
    Options
    It's a little difficult not knowing what kind of calories or diet you're eating, but here goes. Have you tried upping your calories or at least updating your mfp profile diet info? You might just need to adjust your calories. Also, you could try to shake up your workout routine and kind of "shock" your body. If you've just recently changed all of this then give your body a few weeks to adjust. For some people it takes a week and some people it takes weeks so just be patient. Also, how's your water intake as well as your sodium. Maybe you're just retaining water. Do you take measurements? Maybe you're losing inches? Sorry, that was a whole lotta questions. Just trying to think of everything I can. Just whatever you do...don't give up! You can do this and you will find the answer. :)