30 yr old and 235 lbs!

Options
Hello my name is Lindsey!
I am new here to MFP. Its been 2 years since I started my weight loss journey. The most I have weighed was 280 ish. I started on youtube http://www.youtube.com/user/psychobella7137 , then went to boddybug, then a nutrition class, and back to nothing. Add me to your friend list please! I know what it takes to lose weight, but I am not doing it that is were I need you.

Replies

• carysj
    carysj Posts: 22
    Options
    Hi, and welcome. Hope you find the support and motivation to stick with MFP, I've sent you an add :)
  • hellofar7
    hellofar7 Posts: 11
    Options
    I felt so happy and full of hope when i saw i had 7 friend requests this morning!!! Great way to start the day off! Thank you so much!
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Sent you a friends request. I am also 30 and started my work at 234, so pretty much the same.
  • latinabubbles
    Options
    Welcome. You'll love it here. Lots of advice and support. I've plateaued. (sp). But I'm ok with it, at least I've not put anything back on. I know I just need to get serious and start working out again and get in the right mind set to do it. I believe now it's time. :)
  • lisasch67
    lisasch67 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I have ballooned all over the place, too. I stopped and started fitness programs here and there. I finally realized (from watching the biggest loser) that I had to take charge and be responsible for myself... It was easier in the beginning when I had more weight to lose, but now that I am trying to get through these last 15 pounds, I am having trouble sticking to it and not getting discourage. Finding MFP has been really great for me, I hope it works for you, too. I'm sending a friend request now! Hope you don't mind :)
  • MelissaL582
    MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    I just turned 30 :sad: Welcome to the site!
  • JilianneNicole
    JilianneNicole Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I will be 30 in July and started out at 222. I am on everyday as much as I can and I try to motivate!! I look forward to your add!
  • 10acity
    10acity Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    I've already sent you a request but wanted to post so others feel free to add me, too. :drinker:
  • zewolf77
    zewolf77 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I, too, have struggled with weight most of my adolescent and adult life. I started my journey again in January after my wife and I both watched "Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead" and "Forks Over Knives". Both of those movies inspired us to move away from processed foods and to a more natural way of eating and exercising.

I started as 34yo, 290 lbs.. weighed in this morning at 244.4.

The difference? I can sustain this way of eating the rest of my life.. it's not a diet, its a new way of eating. We haven't gone completely vegetarian, but we lean that way. I'm pushing myself to do the exercises that I never wanted to do (like running/jogging) and proving to myself that I have to dig deep and drive for it if I really want it.

Feel free to add me also if y'all want.
  • browneyez27
    browneyez27 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    i started a month ago at about 240 ...im 27...anyone feel free to add me :)
  • lre224
    lre224 Posts: 83
    Options
    Friend request sent! :wink:
  • Floridaboy21
    Options
    I really need some motivation to keep up with MFP and not get lazy and quit in a month! I think we all can help eachother. I'll send you an add. Also if anyone else wants to help motivate or needs motivation feel free to add me!
  • hellofar7
    hellofar7 Posts: 11
    Options
    I, too, have struggled with weight most of my adolescent and adult life. I started my journey again in January after my wife and I both watched "Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead" and "Forks Over Knives". Both of those movies inspired us to move away from processed foods and to a more natural way of eating and exercising.

I started as 34yo, 290 lbs.. weighed in this morning at 244.4.

The difference? I can sustain this way of eating the rest of my life.. it's not a diet, its a new way of eating. We haven't gone completely vegetarian, but we lean that way. I'm pushing myself to do the exercises that I never wanted to do (like running/jogging) and proving to myself that I have to dig deep and drive for it if I really want it.

Feel free to add me also if y'all want.
    Omg great movies i love forks over knives!!!! I enjoy cheese and yogurt to much to give it up.
    For lent i ate clean and i had great success i felt healthy energized and balanced. One small cheat lead to another cheat and so on . Its a way of life not a diet.
  • trailsinlife
    trailsinlife Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I'm new as well and will be turning 30 in September. Feel free to add me.