Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

30 yr old and 235 lbs!

Hello my name is Lindsey!
I am new here to MFP. Its been 2 years since I started my weight loss journey. The most I have weighed was 280 ish. I started on youtube http://www.youtube.com/user/psychobella7137 , then went to boddybug, then a nutrition class, and back to nothing. Add me to your friend list please! I know what it takes to lose weight, but I am not doing it that is were I need you.

Replies

• carysj
    carysj Posts: 22
    Hi, and welcome. Hope you find the support and motivation to stick with MFP, I've sent you an add :)
  • hellofar7
    hellofar7 Posts: 11
    I felt so happy and full of hope when i saw i had 7 friend requests this morning!!! Great way to start the day off! Thank you so much!
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,300 Member
    Sent you a friends request. I am also 30 and started my work at 234, so pretty much the same.
  • Welcome. You'll love it here. Lots of advice and support. I've plateaued. (sp). But I'm ok with it, at least I've not put anything back on. I know I just need to get serious and start working out again and get in the right mind set to do it. I believe now it's time. :)
  • lisasch67
    lisasch67 Posts: 135 Member
    I have ballooned all over the place, too. I stopped and started fitness programs here and there. I finally realized (from watching the biggest loser) that I had to take charge and be responsible for myself... It was easier in the beginning when I had more weight to lose, but now that I am trying to get through these last 15 pounds, I am having trouble sticking to it and not getting discourage. Finding MFP has been really great for me, I hope it works for you, too. I'm sending a friend request now! Hope you don't mind :)
  • MelissaL582
    MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
    I just turned 30 :sad: Welcome to the site!
  • JilianneNicole
    JilianneNicole Posts: 116 Member
    Feel free to add me! I will be 30 in July and started out at 222. I am on everyday as much as I can and I try to motivate!! I look forward to your add!
  • 10acity
    10acity Posts: 798 Member
    I've already sent you a request but wanted to post so others feel free to add me, too. :drinker:
  • zewolf77
    zewolf77 Posts: 173 Member
    I, too, have struggled with weight most of my adolescent and adult life. I started my journey again in January after my wife and I both watched "Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead" and "Forks Over Knives". Both of those movies inspired us to move away from processed foods and to a more natural way of eating and exercising.

I started as 34yo, 290 lbs.. weighed in this morning at 244.4.

The difference? I can sustain this way of eating the rest of my life.. it's not a diet, its a new way of eating. We haven't gone completely vegetarian, but we lean that way. I'm pushing myself to do the exercises that I never wanted to do (like running/jogging) and proving to myself that I have to dig deep and drive for it if I really want it.

Feel free to add me also if y'all want.
  • browneyez27
    browneyez27 Posts: 31 Member
    i started a month ago at about 240 ...im 27...anyone feel free to add me :)
  • lre224
    lre224 Posts: 83
    Friend request sent! :wink:
  • I really need some motivation to keep up with MFP and not get lazy and quit in a month! I think we all can help eachother. I'll send you an add. Also if anyone else wants to help motivate or needs motivation feel free to add me!
  • hellofar7
    hellofar7 Posts: 11
    I, too, have struggled with weight most of my adolescent and adult life. I started my journey again in January after my wife and I both watched "Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead" and "Forks Over Knives". Both of those movies inspired us to move away from processed foods and to a more natural way of eating and exercising.

I started as 34yo, 290 lbs.. weighed in this morning at 244.4.

The difference? I can sustain this way of eating the rest of my life.. it's not a diet, its a new way of eating. We haven't gone completely vegetarian, but we lean that way. I'm pushing myself to do the exercises that I never wanted to do (like running/jogging) and proving to myself that I have to dig deep and drive for it if I really want it.

Feel free to add me also if y'all want.
    Omg great movies i love forks over knives!!!! I enjoy cheese and yogurt to much to give it up.
    For lent i ate clean and i had great success i felt healthy energized and balanced. One small cheat lead to another cheat and so on . Its a way of life not a diet.
  • trailsinlife
    trailsinlife Posts: 37 Member
    I'm new as well and will be turning 30 in September. Feel free to add me.