Hi Ladies! Can you recommend a cheapie sports bra..

Options

Replies

• lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    Do you have an outlet mall near you? Most of them have a Hanes outlet which sells Champion stuff for cheap. While I mostly own the C9 brand from Target, there is a definite increase in the quality of the original Champion stuff.
  • AmandaLAcosta
    Options
    I love my target sports bras. I believe they are Champion? They are racer back and a very soft stretchy material. I just wear mine under my scrubs at work since I head straight to the gym to change bc they are so comfy.

^^^ this^^^^
  • tyoung8
    tyoung8 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    yes yes! Love Target!
  • lilcupcake213
    lilcupcake213 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    Try going to a place like Ross, Marshalls, or TJ max. A lot of times they have the brands that they sell at department stores like Macy's or Nordstrom but for WAAAAY cheaper!! I used to be a 38DD (unfortunately when I lost weight my boobies ran away :( ) and I found a GREAT one in Ross that had hidden underwire and it was only like 12 bucks!

I found the same one..it's purple and I love love love it...I go into Ross at least once a week to see if they have more but they never have them in anymore !! I got a lot at Walmart for around 9 bucks and they are awesome
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    Appreciate the input! With going down in sizes pretty quickly, I don't want to spend too much on regular or sports bras right now.
  • cleavagefurrow
    cleavagefurrow Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I got mine from Old Navy and it's pretty good! I think it was around $12.
  • volvol16
    volvol16 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I'm looking for a cheap bra (hello, Target!) that I can wear over my regular bra when I go to the gym (Don't like getting fully naked in the locker room) but will give support..also, kind of a bonus question: How do you determine which size to get? I went to Target today and none of them said they covered DD i'm a 36DD for reference.

Any recommendations are appreciated :)

I love the target compression sports bras. I think they run like $14.00 or something but I like them... I have barely B's though, so they're comfortable to me :)
  • ashreynolds09
    ashreynolds09 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    http://www.walmart.com/ip/Danskin-Now-Women-s-High-Impact-Seamless-Sport-Bras-2-Pack/14506149

seriously - best $10 sports bra EVER! I plan to get more of them in a few weeks!! Seriously, it holds the ladies nice and tight so there's not bouncing around and it's CHEAP!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Try going to a place like Ross, Marshalls, or TJ max. A lot of times they have the brands that they sell at department stores like Macy's or Nordstrom but for WAAAAY cheaper!! I used to be a 38DD (unfortunately when I lost weight my boobies ran away :( ) and I found a GREAT one in Ross that had hidden underwire and it was only like 12 bucks!

Same here. :smile: I have some Lily of France ones that retail $25-30 for around $6 at Ross, but they were in the lingerie department, not with the athletic wear.
  • tbskipp
    tbskipp Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Ditto to pretty much every suggestion already posted! I have a few from Target and they are great. I wear them all the time.
    Although I cannot imagine wearing 2 at a time.

:wink:
  • starkid120
    starkid120 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I love Old Navy and Target for my sports bras.

Just went to Old Navy and got 2 sports bras for $10 each!

Target also has really wonderful Champion sports bras. I buy the ones with the stretchy seams (if that makes sense...)

Both kinds are soooooo comfy!
  • LindaCWy
    LindaCWy Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I love my target sports bras. I believe they are Champion? They are racer back and a very soft stretchy material. I just wear mine under my scrubs at work since I head straight to the gym to change bc they are so comfy.

Champion! They are Champion. Every time someone I know travels to Buffalo I asked them to grab me a few... 16 bucks, can't complain.
  • autumnk921
    autumnk921 Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    check out any Danskin sports bra- but get it one size smaller than you normally would buy. You can get them in a two pack for $8 in two bright colors or black and white.

If you dont have wal-mart (like here in NYC - its banned) you can go to wal-mart.com and check their active wear section - its more than just cheapie sports bras, its cheapie activewear in general. The Danskin Now line was made specifically for wal-mart.

This...My fav sports bra that I have is a Danskin Now...I am not sure of the size thing though b/c I wear a 38D one & that is the same size as my regular bras as well....
  • lisasch67
    lisasch67 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I get most of my workout clothes at Target!!! I also have found that Old Navy has good cheap pants and shorts for running and yoga. Great wicking material.

As for sports bras, I get the champion brand bras at Target and go one size down. I am not well endowed, but I run a lot so the tighter fit helps with the bouncing. Yup, all that movement can bother even the smallest chests.
  • enyo123
    enyo123 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I'm looking for a cheap bra (hello, Target!) that I can wear over my regular bra when I go to the gym (Don't like getting fully naked in the locker room) but will give support..also, kind of a bonus question: How do you determine which size to get? I went to Target today and none of them said they covered DD i'm a 36DD for reference.

Any recommendations are appreciated :)

At 36DD/36E, I'd suggest you skip the cheap bras altogether and go for a good one at a specialty shop. (34DDD/F, here, so I know the feeling of wanting to keep the girls in place.)
  • jennifer52484
    jennifer52484 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    TJMaxx, Marshalls, Target and Walmart all have cheap supportive bras. under $15
  • gettingthinandfit
    Options
    Wearing two bras is a bad idea..
  • susieq101178
    susieq101178 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    check out any Danskin sports bra- but get it one size smaller than you normally would buy. You can get them in a two pack for $8 in two bright colors or black and white.

If you dont have wal-mart (like here in NYC - its banned) you can go to wal-mart.com and check their active wear section - its more than just cheapie sports bras, its cheapie activewear in general. The Danskin Now line was made specifically for wal-mart.

I have two of the Danskin adjustable back foam sports bra - LOVE THEM! Sooo comfortable and keep everything in check. I believe they were about $12 each on Walmart.com
  • peppiee
    peppiee Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    It depends on if you're looking for a high impact sports bra, or if you're going to be doing things that aren't high impact....

I just started the Insanity workout by BeachBody, and got a danskin sports bra from walmart for $12. I got 2 diff ones, and both provide NO BOUNCE! I'm a 40dd, so I understand your issue! I actually did a 'bounce test' in the fitting room too. One zips in the front, and one is a racer back that also has a bra like strap under that. They are both extremely comfortable, reasonably priced, and provide the support I need, and the no bounce for the high impact jumping around I try to do with Insanity!!
    Hope this helped!

I also have a bunch of danskins from walmart and love them.
  • heiditritschler
    Options
    Marks and Spencer do the best sports bras ever! I love mine, it has a racer back and keeps everything in place for high impact exercise (like Step Aerobics/Body Conditioning).