Should I do more?

Options
I am doing Power90, I heard that's pretty much all the workout I need in a day, but I really want to lose 30 more pounds before my wedding in 4 months. So I want to add in running as well.

However, my knees hurt all ready with the Power90, so I don't want to burn myself out. What do ya'll think? :) Thanks!

Replies

• holly3585
    holly3585 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    It sounds like you are doing a lot now! If you feel lthe energy, and don't think it's might become too much, go ahead and incorperate a little more, maybe start brisk walks, or jogs, just make sure and eat at least about 1/2 of those extra exercise calories that you are buring so that your body is getting enough calories to keep burning the fat and building that lean body!
  • iam_thatdude
    iam_thatdude Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    I lost 80 in 6mos by burning 400 6 days a week and netting 1200 -1600 a day
  • phinphanbill26
    phinphanbill26 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    When your body is in pain, it is trying to tell you something. Careful with your joints - No Pain, No Gain - doesn't apply to joints.
  • jaclyndanette
    Options
    If you're looking to do something more - you're feeling energized to do more - but your knees are bothering you, I would try something that won't affect your knees so much.
  • myfitnessnmhoy
    myfitnessnmhoy Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    When your body is in pain, it is trying to tell you something. Careful with your joints - No Pain, No Gain - doesn't apply to joints.

^^^^ This, this, a thousand times this.

If what you are experiencing is joint pain (sharp pain inside the joint, not muscle ache around it), you may be about to have a very unpleasant setback. I'd alternate days with upper-body and core workouts, or do something lower-impact like elliptical or bicycle.

Do not mess with your joints!
  • callmecaptain
    Options
    I would do some power walking. It won't hurt your knees and you can burn some extra calories.
  • shawnp80134
    shawnp80134 Posts: 86
    Options
    Perhaps you should think about Strength Training... won't hurt your joints, and i really does do wonders.
  • LBash03
    LBash03 Posts: 72
    Options
    Maybe try a different type of cardio besides running. The eliptical is very low impact on you joints ( i know this because i have a severe sprain in my ankle and can still do the eliptical) and you also can burn a lot of calories. Also, swimming is great cardio and pretty low impact on your joints as well!