dinner last night

Options
samlankford
samlankford Posts: 334
I usually sit at work when I am slow and think of what to make for dinner, I get bored eating the same stuff so I try to think of something different. her is what I came up with yesterday

1/2 large portabella mushroom cap
1/3 cup chopped onion
3 garlic cloves chopped
1 cup spaghetti squash
1 5 oz chicken breast
1/2 tsp canola butter
1 tbsp balsalmic vinegar
1/4 avacado chopped
1 tbsp grated parmesean cheese

ok so for those that don't know how to cook spaghetti squash:

hack that sucker in half, take out seeds (use your fingers, its easier)... put 1 half on a plate or a shallow bowl with a little water and nuke it in the microwave for 15 mins.. it will be hot so be careful when you take it out... use a fork and scrape the inside of the squash....

while the squash cools a bit, cook chicken breast however you choose.. sautee onion until a bit brown, then add in garlic and mushroom.. cook for a bit longer, chop chicken and add to pan... toss in the chopped avocado.. toss 1 cup of spaghetti squash with the butter and balsalmic vinegar, sprinkle with 1tbsp parmsean cheese. add chicken mix and toss all together...

good stuff!!

Replies

• chelleann777
    chelleann777 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I have been wondering how to do spagetti squash... so when you scrape the inside of the squash with a fork that is all it takes to make the "noodles"?
  • samlankford
    Options
    yup, super easy and really good... I usually put meat sauce on it when it is colder out.. super healthy good stuff..
  • chelleann777
    chelleann777 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Thanks:) it sounds great but I would have to take out the mushroom.... ick! :)
  • samlankford
    Options
    Yeah I gave them another shot, hated them for years.. still cannot eat them stuffed though.. makes me gag