on 1500 calories and not losing a lb!

Options
Hi, I am very frustrated! I was 129 all last summer and no rubbing thighs! I switched from 1500 cal to 1200 because I was stuck! After about 3 months I a gained 6lbs. I am back up to 1500 and have only lost 3 lbs and my thighs are really touching, ugh. I run around 4 times a week, on the other days i do the elliptical or treadmill. I run from 3-5 miles at a time and burn usually 350-450 calories a day. My thighs are getting bigger ( water?) and am not losing a pound. I am 5'2 and 43yrs old and currently 132.

can anyone help me figure out what I am doing wrong???? I just don't get it

Replies

• robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    Try switching it up. Whenever i stop losing i up my calories a little. I am 150, currently eating 1700+ plus calories (before exercise) and losing consistently. Changing your exercise routine can also help.
  • tammy1005
    tammy1005 Posts: 62
    Options
    thanks, I will try that. so frustrating! Can't figure out if i'm eating too much or not enough. Last year I did the same thing and I was down to 129! so confusing
  • wookiemouse
    wookiemouse Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    If you're running and eating 1500, then your NET calorie intake is WAY too low - only 1000! Bump your intake up to 1800 and I bet you'll see results!
  • tammy1005
    Options
    I have been eating back my exercise calories but I'm getting bigger. thats why I am so frustrated..
  • spikefoot
    spikefoot Posts: 419
    Options
    First off I am a guy but I am at 1525 and I am losing. I don't usually eat back my calories and if I do I may do 1/3 of them or so.

I eat 5 meals a day at around 250-350 calories each and make sure I am eating healthy. I feel fine.

How do you feel during the day? Hungry, satisfied, full or light headed?

Listen to your body too and make sure you are accurately tracking stuff.

Is your water consumption good too?
  • tammy1005
    Options
    I eat all day long! I really have to eat a lot to reach 1500 espcially when I workout and have to add on more calories. Some day I'm buring 350-500 calories. I can't fit all that food. I never feel hungry because I have to eat so much. I track every little thing I eat. I even put in my aloe juice, fiber, vit etc. I drink about 12-16 glasses of water a day.

Mabye I need to not eat back my exercise calories. I can't for the life of me figure out how to get a deficit.