Busting Belly Fat

Options
cc7315
cc7315 Posts: 72 Member
Hello- I'm new here and could really use some advice on how to combat stubborn belly fat. Are there certain foods I should be eating. Exercises I should be doing.
I'm currently on a 1300 cal diet and doing 6 hours or cardio (zumba/kickboxing/walking) a week.

Thanks for your help!

Replies

• jaclyndanette
    Options
    I'd love some feedback on this topic too!
  • Reesecup312
    Reesecup312 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Good topic! I would like to know too!! Bump for later!!
  • ttillman19
    ttillman19 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately I do not think you can target weight loss in a certain area. It comes off different areas first for different people but tummy is usually the last. Would love to hear the answer from some more experienced people though. I have the same problem.
  • Liz55
    Liz55 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    BUMP! I need help on this one too.
  • mtant27
    mtant27 Posts: 5
    Options
    I heard on Dr. Oz that you def need to stay away from starchy white foods. He said if your trying to lose belly fat, that white foods (rice, potatoes, noodles, ect) are your enemy...
  • dare2love81
    dare2love81 Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    bump
  • misticache
    misticache Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I want answers too. I have been doing various styles of crunches every day (100) so I can try and tighten my muscles.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    Also make sure to eat your Chia Seeds and Rasberry Keytones......That is really the magic....oooh and body brushing . Good luck.
  • jholland99
    jholland99 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    A friend of mine that likes to run and is serious about working out told me " cut down on the bread"
  • nml2011
    nml2011 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Diet, strength training and consistency is the way to go... cardio alone is unlikely to shift stubborn fat.

The other posters are correct, you can't target fat loss, the body will shift it from where it wants to but it will use belly fat too.
  • mollysonnotice
    Options
    You can't target weight loss in one place. It happens all over. However there are muscle exercises that you can do to help tone the area like reverse crunches, crunches, planks, push ups, squat punches and others like that. Just eat clean and do lots of cardio and the fat should come off, leaving the muscle you are building up!
  • Cindym82
    Cindym82 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    Can't target belly fat BUT, core work helps. I've been doing Ripped in 30 and lost 1.5inches in my tummy in just 10days
  • ttillman19
    ttillman19 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    What do you mean by body brushing? Also where do you find the raspberry and chia seeds?
  • kjm3579
    kjm3579 Posts: 3,974 Member
    Options
    Cut out grains and sugars -- just the grains will push fat on the mid-section and sugars cause overall fat -- by eliminating both you have a good start.
  • Emancipated_Tai
    Emancipated_Tai Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    Doing abs exercise will only help strength the muscles underneath, but not cut the fat. The only way to lose your belly is by lowing your body fat overall. As someone has mentioned, you should try to stay away from high starch foods. For me, I got the best result in my belly by lowering my carbs and I started running. I lost 12 pounds last month, mostly all in my belly region.
  • shbretired
    shbretired Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Thank you mtant27 !

I've said that over and over Dr says none of that, yet I keep seeing people chatting about eating those things, or seeing those foods in peoples diaries.
  • cc7315
    Options
    You can't target weight loss in one place. It happens all over. However there are muscle exercises that you can do to help tone the area like reverse crunches, crunches, planks, push ups, squat punches and others like that. Just eat clean and do lots of cardio and the fat should come off, leaving the muscle you are building up!

Thanks for your response. So should I be doing these strength training excercises with the cardio or swtich out a cardio day or two for these excersises?
  • cc7315
    Options
    Can't target belly fat BUT, core work helps. I've been doing Ripped in 30 and lost 1.5inches in my tummy in just 10days
    wow! good for you. I will check this out!
  • sevencallmemom
    sevencallmemom Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    My belly fat is hanging in there till the bitter end. I'm online shopping for unicorn oil now. I'm sure I have fairy dust in the cabinet already... LOL
  • Cindym82
    Cindym82 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options

Thanks for your response. So should I be doing these strength training excercises with the cardio or swtich out a cardio day or two for these excersises?

Cardio is good for the heart and you should do strength training a 2 times a week and train different muscles each time