Hi everybody.

Options
Hi! I'm new to MFP, and I'm absolutely exhilarated after reading so many people's inspirational success stories. I can't remember the last time I could look in the mirror and say, "Yeah, I'm okay with the way I look." or "Yep. I'm healthy enough." And after seeing so many people's amazing stories I can't wait to be able to write my own... I have tried to diet before and I've always gotten lazy, lost motivation, or gotten too frustrated when I met with no results. I finally decided the other day that it's time for a change. :smile: I know I'm on my way to higher self-esteem, better health, and a better, happier me. And this time I'm NOT giving up!

Replies

• arcticfox04
    arcticfox04 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    Good to hear. I found it was more mental then physical to loose weight. Habits are hard to break and only seeing what you actually put in and managing bad and good foods will really help out. Best of luck.
  • phinphanbill26
    phinphanbill26 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    The key to this game is remembering that it requires a lifestyle change...not just a diet. You will need to make exercise and making the right choices when eating part of your daily regimen. It's great that you are starting out so young with your journey.

Feel free to add me for support!
  • sun_shadow
    sun_shadow Posts: 6
    Options
    Thank you. :) and I agree, it's not all about better eating and exercise, it's about mindset, too.
  • sun_shadow
    sun_shadow Posts: 6
    Options
    It's true- and I came here totally prepared for a lifestyle makeover. Haha, I knew somewhat what I was in for, but of course I couldn't predict everything... habits are SO hard to break. For instance, I had a hard time not grabbing a snack as soon as I got home from school yesterday, which I never even realized was that natural for me.
  • ralh
    ralh Posts: 14
    Options
    Hey,

I've been doing this a couple of days and have found this app fantastic and most people o here are really supportive. Feel free to add me as a friend if you like.

Rebecca x