I found Vitamuffins!

Options
For those who don't know what they are: http://www.vitalicious.ca/store.asp

As a little treat to meeting my goal (I do believe there will be a few more treats coming ; D), I decided to go grocery shopping and buy the tad more expensive healthy this and that's I've always wanted to try. While splurging away and what not, I found vitamuffins at my favourite grocery store (superstore.-cuecanadaanthem-) It's great, I can not wait to try them. I didn't even know any store around here sold them, and here I am, with an overpriced pack of them :3. I can't believe how nutritious they are considering -what- they are.

Has anyone tried them? Your thoughts? How about the ingredients list? I haven't looked too deeply into it but I'm not a huge fan of fake ingredients...

Replies

• gc2052
    gc2052 Posts: 183
    Options
    I have been eating the multi grain muffin top for some time. I love them toasted. I buy them on line. Becareful because the apple one's mold quickly.
  • muimuimui
    muimuimui Posts: 113
    Options
    I was really tempted to go buy them online as well, which is why I was so happy when I found them in my supermarket.
    I bought the chocolate chip one; simply because if I'm going to have a muffin, it might as well be one with a flavour that doesn't sound healthy ; D

How long do you toast them for? Is it better than microwaving?
  • jb_sweet_99
    jb_sweet_99 Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    For those who don't know what they are: http://www.vitalicious.ca/store.asp

As a little treat to meeting my goal (I do believe there will be a few more treats coming ; D), I decided to go grocery shopping and buy the tad more expensive healthy this and that's I've always wanted to try. While splurging away and what not, I found vitamuffins at my favourite grocery store (superstore.-cuecanadaanthem-) It's great, I can not wait to try them. I didn't even know any store around here sold them, and here I am, with an overpriced pack of them :3. I can't believe how nutritious they are considering -what- they are.

Has anyone tried them? Your thoughts? How about the ingredients list? I haven't looked too deeply into it but I'm not a huge fan of fake ingredients...

Can I ask where you found them in Superstore? I couldn't find them and have been wanting to try them for a while now too.
    Thanks! :flowerforyou:
  • muimuimui
    muimuimui Posts: 113
    Options
    My Superstore has an organics/healthy section and had a few door freezers along part of the aisle. I found them there along with low sodium whole grain pizzas and Amy's organic frozen foods~
    Very overpriced at $5 for a pack of 4. but hey. Worth a try.
  • willywonka
    willywonka Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    I love them, had a Blue bran for my morning snack today!!! The cran brans are really good too!! I want to try the chocolate ones :wink:
  • GreenEyedMonster
    Options
    I have been eating the multi grain muffin top for some time. I love them toasted. I buy them on line. Becareful because the apple one's mold quickly.

penicillin :laugh:
  • jb_sweet_99
    jb_sweet_99 Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    My Superstore has an organics/healthy section and had a few door freezers along part of the aisle. I found them there along with low sodium whole grain pizzas and Amy's organic frozen foods~
    Very overpriced at $5 for a pack of 4. but hey. Worth a try.

Great thanks, I'll check it out. I agree they are pricey, but worth a try :bigsmile:
  • gc2052
    Options
    I believe I saw them in the frozen food section at Harris Teeter
  • gc2052
    Options
    I switched to themicrowave too. Toasting I just watched.
  • gc2052
    Options
    Has anyone tried the chocolate mint. yummy
  • cheshirekat
    cheshirekat Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    oh my gosh they look sooo good but they are so expensive:cry:

Sigh I guess I'll have to go without and bake a regular chocolate muffin one day when i have the cals to spare. Mm or banana nut.. or that cranberry bran one looks good..
  • emkay617
    Options
    if you sign up online for their emails they give you coupons. I order a 24 pack today and got 6 free with a coupon so I ended up only paying about 80cents for each one. Buying them from the store ends up being double, and online they have the even tastier flavors like double choc dreAM MMMMmmmmMMM
  • hungrybear
    Options
    They are also available at some Safeway/Vons store. I bought mine on Amazon.com which waived the shipping since it's over $25! But yes, only the sampler packs though...they don't have flavors like mint chips though. But the sampler packs already give you SO MANY good flavors! I love it. Store them in the freezer and they last forever! Top them or slice them in half with some cool whip free and viola, perfect "ice cream" sandwich dessert! The bran ones make great breakfast too btw!