Busting Belly Fat

Options
2»

Replies

• cc7315
    cc7315 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Also make sure to eat your Chia Seeds and Rasberry Keytones......That is really the magic....oooh and body brushing . Good luck.

What is body brushing?
  • shakybabe
    shakybabe Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    For some people the problems can be wheat and if thats the cause for you, dropping wheat might result in dropping lots of inches off tummy as you lose water.

My largest area around tummy was 48" and used to have to get size 20 trousers to be comfortable sat in wheelchair all day. now its down to 34" and I'm comfortably in 14's (UK sizes). I can get in 12's but they are still a little tight and get uncomfortable quickly digging into tops of legs with me been sat all day so went for comfort size rather than vanity size!

I hope to trim tummy down another few inches over this year so 12's are more comfortable!
  • Susan923
    Susan923 Posts: 61
    Options
    Strength training is the key. That's the key to changing your body. If you add that 3 days a week as well as some cardio and healthy eating enough calories to run your body you will get the results you want.
    Check out the forum "Eat more to weigh less". It will change your life forever!! GOOD LUCK! :-)
  • qtiekiki
    qtiekiki Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Just have to lose overall body fat. So eat at a deficit and exercise. I suggest doing full body exercises that utilizes your core muscles instead of exercises targeting those muscles, so think mountain climbers, burpees, squats, push-ups, planks, etc.
  • Daydreams406
    Daydreams406 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Can't target belly fat BUT, core work helps. I've been doing Ripped in 30 and lost 1.5inches in my tummy in just 10days
    wow! good for you. I will check this out!

I have been doing 30 day shred and I have lost 3 inches in the widest part of my belly, and 2 inches on my upper waist. People have really noticed the difference in my belly. But It wasn't instant. Didn't notice till the end of level 2. Plus I havn't done the 30 day shred in 30 days. I have taken my time with it. Started April 9th, I am on level 3 day 3. I have 7 more work outs left. I have been doing it at my own pace.
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options
    Clean eating. As many others have mentioned, you can't spot reduced, but if you eat clean (that means nothing processed, no refined sugars, nothing bleached, etc.) it's supposed to really help with fat reduction all over. That and eating at a deficit, of course.

Try adding some strength training along with your cardio.

The stomach may be a problem area for you (it is for me), but if you keep up good habits it WILL come off eventually. As they say, "abs are made in the kitchen" - a clean diet really is essential to losing the last of that fat.
  • bethmcdonald4
    Options
    I work out 6 days a week but I think the best thing I do and as you can see from my pictures I had alot of Belly Fat and it has gone down is I eat 1/2 grapefruit every day. Believe it or not Grapefruit helps burn the fat. my work out consists of

45 mins of elliptical training
    15 mins of ABS (x-factor by weider) DVD
    approximately 15 mins of weights arms and legs
    then I factor in 60-120 mins of house work every day
    30 mins of gardening

I also watch what I eat, only low fat things and I am on a 1220 calorie food intake!
  • EdenEC
    EdenEC Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I think we all want to know the secret to blasting away the belly fat! I have been doing alot of reading on the topic and everything seems to point to processed foods and white, starchy carbs... ie., potatoes, pasta, rice and sugary foods. Many prepackaged foods are loaded with simple sugars which are awful for us. As far as exercise goes, there is nothing that can target loss in a specific area, but cardio is the best way to burn fat overall. From some reading I did in this month's Prevention Magazine and Self, it seems the best way is to combine strength training to build muscle and cardio to burn fat. But obviously, it's easier said than done!
  • cc7315
    Options
    Can't target belly fat BUT, core work helps. I've been doing Ripped in 30 and lost 1.5inches in my tummy in just 10days

I have been doing 30 day shred and I have lost 3 inches in the widest part of my belly, and 2 inches on my upper waist. People have really noticed the difference in my belly. But It wasn't instant. Didn't notice till the end of level 2. Plus I havn't done the 30 day shred in 30 days. I have taken my time with it. Started April 9th, I am on level 3 day 3. I have 7 more work outs left. I have been doing it at my own pace.

Do you have the website for this? I would like to check it out. Thanks!
  • cc7315
    Options
    Clean eating. As many others have mentioned, you can't spot reduced, but if you eat clean (that means nothing processed, no refined sugars, nothing bleached, etc.) it's supposed to really help with fat reduction all over. That and eating at a deficit, of course.

Try adding some strength training along with your cardio.

The stomach may be a problem area for you (it is for me), but if you keep up good habits it WILL come off eventually. As they say, "abs are made in the kitchen" - a clean diet really is essential to losing the last of that fat.

I've never heard "abs are made in the kitchen"..i love that! Thanks for your reply~
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Alcohol is the only thing I've heard of that has been shown to produce belly fat. Some people claim that grains, sugar or carbs in general cause belly fat, but I've never seen any science to back up that claim. If you have sensitivity to gluten or a metabolic disease that could cause bloating, but that's not the same as fat.

Exercise will get rid of it.
  • Cindym82
    Cindym82 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options

Do you have the website for this? I would like to check it out. Thanks!

It's a work out dvd by jillian michaels, you can buy them at walmart for about $9. I suggest 30DS first, and than Ripped in 30....there is A LOT of success stories on here. I lost 1.4lbs from 30DS and 15 overall inches, and when I'm done with RI30 i'm hoping for the same
  • cc7315
    Options
    Alcohol is the only thing I've heard of that has been shown to produce belly fat. Some people claim that grains, sugar or carbs in general cause belly fat, but I've never seen any science to back up that claim. If you have sensitivity to gluten or a metabolic disease that could cause bloating, but that's not the same as fat.

Exercise will get rid of it.

Well, I don't drink alcohol so that can't be it. I do have a glutten intolerance, but sadly, it is fat not bloating that I need to get rid of! :)

Thank you~
  • capnrus789
    capnrus789 Posts: 2,736 Member
    Options
    I'm replying to a really old thread here, just to see if I can cause some trouble.
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options
    As many others have said, you can't target a certain area of fat on your body. You just have to lose weight by eating at a calorie deficit and exercising and be patient. Also as others have mentioned, strength training is important. Don't rely on just cardio.