Need protein powder recommendations

Options
cindiva65
cindiva65 Posts: 335 Member
Im in need of adding some protein to my diet and looking at supplementing my diet with protein powder shakes. Can anyone recommend any that taste good and yet diet friendly? Thanks....

Replies

• thriftycupl
    thriftycupl Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I don't buy powder, but actual premade drinks. 11 oz with 30 g of protein. The brand is Premier Nutrition, available at Sam's or they have their own website. I buy the chocolate but think they are available in vanilla and strawberry as well.
  • lexington87
    lexington87 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Personally I really like the Vega Sport line. It's a vegan brand and is one of the only companies I found that A- doesn't agravate my food allergies and B- isn't full of extra carbs leaving me all bloated.
  • foodie99
    foodie99 Posts: 92
    Options
    Look for one that is sugar free. No point in adding a bunch of sugar into something that is supposed to be a good alternative.
  • kangoljas
    kangoljas Posts: 1
    Options
    proteinfactory.com is pretty good most importantly no fillers from China in the protein there.
  • 5099peperk
    5099peperk Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    I use Dymatize Gourmet Vanilla ISO 100. It's very good and mixes well.
  • joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    Myofusion is one of the best out there right now as far as taste to nutrition ratio. Hands down.
  • angeliis02
    angeliis02 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I use Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard whey in the double rich chocolate. It's pretty good, not as sweet as some of the others I've tried. I like it because it's one of the few I've found that doesn't have Splenda.
  • misty0413
    misty0413 Posts: 212
    Options
    I use Lean Shake 25 @ GNC. Whey protien. Lots of different flavors. I have cookies and cream right now.
  • cindiva65
    cindiva65 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone, wrote it all down and going to check them all out.
  • gspea
    gspea Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I am using Pure Protein, and have started using the GNC Lean shake - whey protein.
  • manda1002
    manda1002 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    My husband has been buying me Isopure for the last couple days, and I'm enjoying them. Not sure how they compare to the powders and such, but it's like 40g of protein and 0 carbs.