Anyone use a pedometer....

Options
and count their steps as caloires burned?
Do you think I should/should not count them?
I looked on web sites and they say to multiply your total daily steps by .05

Oppions PLEASE! :o)
Thanks in advance

:tongue:

Replies

• lovesweetlove
    Options
    I have never thought that traditional pedometers are accurate because they can't take into account all the different variables. With that being said, I do use my Nike+, which is an accelerometer (basically a really fancy pedometer) and it compares to my HRM, so I bet there are pedometers out there that may be more accurate than others. I would definitely multiply up because they have a tendency to miss steps.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    I don't log my steps as exercise because I do a different form of exercise. It's really interesting to see the different numbers from day to day.

If you want to convert your steps to miles: http://www.livestrong.com/article/347923-steps-to-miles-conversion-for-a-pedometer/

As for calories burned - the problem is - how fast are the miles?
  • Rolande55
    Rolande55 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I plan on getting myself one if only for the motivation to take more steps lol! They say if you can do 10,000 per day it's considered an active lifestyle. I've always liked games and challenges so watching numbers climb just by parking further when shopping or using a different washroom to add to my daily stride seems like a positive habit to get into. So if you like to monitor how small changes can improve your lifestyle and it motivates you to do more it's a good thing.:smile: