Ladys only please.

Options
Hello lady’s I have a question it involves "the girls".... I haven’t had an actual bra in quite a while... Instead I ware workout tops with the bra built in under my shirts... I have been doing this every day for a long time... The workout top supports them and makes me feel comfortable because I don’t have my shirts rubbing my skin all day... My sister said that it’s not good for "the girls" to not have a actual bra... I don’t think it makes a difference... Any thoughts?

Replies

• rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    The only thing special about a bra is it hold them up. Your workout shirts are doing that, so I see no problem.

Gravity is going to get you no matter what.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Wearing a bra doesn't actual affect your sweater meat's sagginess, perkiness, lumpiness, juiciness, or any other boobage factor.
  • shbretired
    shbretired Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Bra usually looks better under clothes, but they're your girls & you rule them! ☺
  • DietingMommy08
    DietingMommy08 Posts: 1,366 Member
    Options
    Agree with all of the above.

Whether you wear a bra or not....

It dont matter!
  • MsSickOfBeingFluffy
    MsSickOfBeingFluffy Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I think a sports bra could provide more support for when you're working out. I used to work out in the tanks w/built in bras and recently switched and there is quite a big difference!
  • hdsqrl
    hdsqrl Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    I suggest you go to a specialty lingerie shop and get fitted for a proper bra. If nothing else, you can see how you feel when you wear a bra that fits you well, and then you can decide if you like that better than the workout-top option. For me, I prefer a well fitting bra to just about anything else, but it's your call. :)

Editing to add: the bras in those sorts of shops often run close to $100-ish, so don't be shocked at the price. I'm not suggesting you purchase one of those bras - just go and get fitted and see how they feel. If you love it, then splurge, or at least take the sizing knowledge elsewhere and purchase one that's not so pricey. You never know - you may find you feel like a princess in the pricey bra and it's worth the expense! :flowerforyou:
  • brandi22479
    brandi22479 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Wearing a bra doesn't actual affect your sweater meat's sagginess, perkiness, lumpiness, juiciness, or any other boobage factor.

SWEATER MEATS???? :noway: LMAO!!!!! :laugh:
  • IDCY843
    IDCY843 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    As long as you feel comfy and well supported then all is good. personally i dont get enough support from a soft sports bra so I have good comfy underwires for work and workouts. At home i let the "girls" roam free lol
  • gr8pillock
    gr8pillock Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I'm coming at you from the Costume Mistress end of the spectrum...

Go to a proper store and get measured for a GOOD bra. Find out your true size and be willing to invest in a quality piece of underwear. Why? Yes, gravity affects your boobs staying power without proper support faster and all that nonsense, especially if you are well endowed, but that isn't even really the reason.

A properly sized, properly fitted bra will do wonders for not only your posture, but your figure. 90% of are currently not wearing the right size and they don't know it. I've seen women get the right bra on and instantly look ten pounds lighter because their figure can suddenly be seen.

Sorry, pretty passionate about the subject due to years as a self conscious teenager wearing a size C cup to try and stay 'slender' when I was actually a DD and didn't know it because I was afraid to be sized. The self consciousness would have been affected greatly by my figure looking the way it did when I finally put on the right size.

My two cents. :)
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

Go to a proper store and get measured for a GOOD bra. Find out your true size and be willing to invest in a quality piece of underwear. Why? Yes, gravity affects your boobs staying power without proper support faster and all that nonsense, especially if you are well endowed, but that isn't even really the reason.

A properly sized, properly fitted bra will do wonders for not only your posture, but your figure. 90% of are currently not wearing the right size and they don't know it. I've seen women get the right bra on and instantly look ten pounds lighter because their figure can suddenly be seen.

Sorry, pretty passionate about the subject due to years as a self conscious teenager wearing a size C cup to try and stay 'slender' when I was actually a DD and didn't know it because I was afraid to be sized. The self consciousness would have been affected greatly by my figure looking the way it did when I finally put on the right size.

The problem with your post is that the OP is happy with what she's doing.
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    You can get fitted for a bra in almost any store. Wearing one (and wearing the RIGHT size) can make a big difference on how your body looks and your posture, so it will definitely help shape you and hold them up where they belong.

If you're happy with what you're wearing, its probably OK, but as you get older and they sag more, it nice to push them back up where they're supposed to be!!
  • missikay1970
    missikay1970 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    i don't think it matters, they are your bbs afterall :smile:
  • focus4fitness
    focus4fitness Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I am well endowed and I always wear a bra. Sometimes two. :)
  • Bentley2718
    Bentley2718 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    I'd encourage you to go get a fitting, just to see if you can find a bra you like with professional help, but don't be too heartbroken if you just don't find a bra that fits. The workout tops you're wearing are probably providing some support. If you're not having soreness, I wouldn't worry too much about the supposed damage from not wearing a bra. Plus, if you lose a lot of weight, things are likely to sag a lot anyway.

In the interest of full disclosure...I hate bras. It is nearly impossible for me to find one that fits, at any price, even after several professional fittings. They just aren't built the way I am (and when I was 240 it was worse, since no one even makes a 44AA, which was roughly what I was). As a result, I do much what the OP does, I wear shirts with built in bras under my clothes. It's not ideal, it's hotter, and some clothes don't look as nice without "real bras" under them, but I have a low tolerance for discomfort, so that's what I do.

Also, as for claims about posture, it probably matters more if your chest is larger, but your posture is more dependent on core muscles and habit than whether you're wearing a bra (unless the bra is forcing or encouraging bad posture).
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options

SWEATER MEATS???? :noway: LMAO!!!!! :laugh:

Saggy sweater meat :bigsmile:
  • Ihatecomicsans
    Options

I had the same experience, got fitted after wearing a B cup for years...I was a DD! The difference it made to the look of my figure is amazing.

I think you need a decent sports bra for exercise, but if you are comfortable in your 'built in' tops the rest of the time then what harm?