I started here two weeks ago.

Options
Im new here. But I think I'm doing ok. I lost 9 lbs already. But I'm having problems eating enough calories. Does anyone have any suggestions about what I can eat that will help me reach my daily goal of 1200. I usually get 950 calories a day. When I enter everything I've eaten during the day, thinking that I went over, I find out that I wasn't even close. But I don't want to eat a meal before bed. LOL. I'll take any suggestions please. Thank you and I wish everyone well on their goals!!

Replies

• laur89
    laur89 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I keep having the same issue. I'm supposed to be eating 1260 and am always in the 900s or at 1000
  • janjostand
    Options
    haha. Yeah its harder than it looks getting enough calories a day in. I never thought for a moment that I would have a hard time with that. But apparently I do. LOL.
  • leighoconnell
    Options
    If I'm really low I will drink a glass of 1% milk or have fruit smoothie. It's healthy so I don't feel guilty. Also the smoothie can replace desert.
  • chgudnitz
    chgudnitz Posts: 4,079
    Options
    Eat 2 tablespoons of peanut butter and you're golden. 200 calories, essential fat and some protein.
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    I had the same problem when I started and let it carry over for too long...after a while, with such a low net I started feeling bad - nauseous, headaches, tired....when I added more calories I felt better again. I now eat 1500 per day net.

As far as adding calories - make sure you have snacks....I never use to....even if it's a piece of fruit, handful of nuts, glass of milk, 1 oz of cheese, yogurt, peanut butter on bread or use it as dip for apples or celery...it all adds up
  • janjostand
    Options
    Wow! Those are some great ideas. Thanks guys!!!
  • allisontaylor
    Options
    A cup of yogurt before bed is also a good choice.
  • Innerglow
    Innerglow Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    Log everything before you eat it!!:flowerforyou:
  • janjostand
    Options
    Yummy..yogurt! Never thought to have that before bedtime. lol