Flavorless protein powder...... please

Options
Hello,

I'm currently working on losing weight and my boyfriend is focused on gaining. We both need protein. I need way less than him of course. But I simply cannot stand the taste of protein shakes.

Does anyone know if flavorless protein powder exsist?

Its the best solution because we are very busy people, and I love making fruit smoothies to go. So if anyone knows of a great flavorless protein powder

please let me know :)

Replies

• hollyspiess
    Options
    I use BiPro. Here's the website, they have recipes on there too - www.biprousa.com.
  • syntax_terror
    Options
    i don't know of a flavorless protein powder, but i too detest the taste of protein shakes and the brand i've found to be the least detestable is designer whey french vanilla.. if you're making smoothies with yogurt, fruit, etc. you can't taste it at all. it's not bad as a shake with unsweetened vanilla almond milk. gross with water, though. they all are.
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    I just buy plain protein powder from the bulk bins at the market I do my main weekly shopping at. It's just straight either whey or soy protein powder with no added flavorings, sugars or sweeteners.

It doesn't have *no* taste, simply because it's not water. ;) But the taste is fairly minimal on the whole. I wouldn't drink it just mixed with only water or milk, cuz that is sorta gross. (tried it, definitely gross) But I use it in other things as an ingredient to help up the protein amounts. I made a huge batch of crockpot oatmeal for my team at work for breakfast and added the powder to it to offset the carbs (lots of healthy eaters on my team) and was admittedly worried about an aftertaste. But I got compliments from almost my entire team, even the non-healthy eaters, many saying it was the best oatmeal they'd ever had.

The price is usually around $7.99/lb for the soy and $11.99/lb for the whey.
  • spikefoot
    spikefoot Posts: 419
    Options
    Hammer nutrition has it..

I like all their stuff (well the ones I have tried)Have not tried flavourless though.

http://www.hammernutrition.com/products/hammer-whey-protein.whey.html?navcat=recovery#bmb=1
  • JennedyJLD
    JennedyJLD Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I often use Herbalife products, and one of my favorites is their "Personal Protein Powder." It's flavorless and can be added to anything for a protein boost. In addition to being a customer, I am also a distributor, and can order any products for you if you're interested. Herbalife has been a HUGE part of my own 57-lbs-and-counting weight loss. (I'm not trying to push the products on anyone, but am happy to give you my own experiences and use my position as a distributor to help anyone who wants to try the products but doesn't know a distributor/can't order them directly.)
  • naprestsleep
    naprestsleep Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    NOW protein doesn't have any flavors or sugars added. Still has a flavor but if mixed into other drinks its blends in.
  • Bry8432
    Bry8432 Posts: 37
    Options
    thanks everyone