How to post work out at gym in myfitnesspal

Options
Currently I am walking 2.4 miles daily-in the evening. I use to go to the gym/YMCA regularly and want to get back to the gym on a regular basis. My workout in the gym is limited to resistence workout, i.e. no weight lifting. This is on the Cybex machines which are excellent machines to use. I will go to the gym in the early morning and this way will be able to continue my walking in the evening.

Question: is there a way to capture this time at the gym and record it in myfitnesspal?

Replies

• 1DayMarathonRnner
    1DayMarathonRnner Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I go to the gym and I just enter it on the exercise tab. I tend to use the stair treadmill, so I type that in. I don't think you should have a problem, finding the machine you use. You can also add weights under strength training.
  • scottywor
    scottywor Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Currently I am walking 2.4 miles daily-in the evening. I use to go to the gym/YMCA regularly and want to get back to the gym on a regular basis. My workout in the gym is limited to resistence workout, i.e. no weight lifting. This is on the Cybex machines which are excellent machines to use. I will go to the gym in the early morning and this way will be able to continue my walking in the evening.

Question: is there a way to capture this time at the gym and record it in myfitnesspal?

Ummm...resistance workout/training is weight lifting....just an FYI!!

Personally i dont add my weight training days, i just input my cardio, and only add it for a minute, so it doesnt screw up my macros.
  • keengkong
    keengkong Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Cybex machines count as strength training. I searched for "Cybex" under strength training exercises. Nothing showed up. However, after I searched, it gave me the option to "Add an exercise to the database." I don't use Cybex machines, but you might want to add it.