INSANITY or TURBOFIRE

Options
annam25
annam25 Posts: 68 Member
I really wanna buy one of these, but i can't decide which one to buy.. Has anyone tried either of these? if so, what kind of results did you get? :) does anyone have result before and after pics?

Replies

• JessDaniC
    JessDaniC Posts: 5
    Options
    I'm going to buy Turbo Fire after I'm done having kids. A friend of mine had twins in August and went from a sz 16 to a sz 9 since then. She started around November and continues to see results. Makes me want to do it now...but I really want to wait since we will be trying for another here soon. Good luck choosing!
  • annam25
    Options
    Wow that's awesome!! that's the kind of results i'm looking for! :)
  • annam25
    Options
    BUMP
  • Jenene88
    Jenene88 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I have actually done both. It really depends on your fitness level when it comes to insanity. Cuz insanity is an extreme cardio where even the fit have a hard time. Turbo fire is great cuz it's in the middle Of insanity and turbo jam. So you do it the HIIT training but at te same time it's more fun cuz of the upbeat music. I've seen results with both, just depends on what you think you can handle cuz like I said insanity isn't for everyone. Where turbo fire does modify moves if you don't like the jumping and its a great workout.
  • aussieems
    aussieems Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hey There!

Im currently doing INSANITY... and it is what it says on the label - Insane!

it is a great work out and Shaun T is very inspiring. Beware, it is a hard workout, but you do as much as you can. Through out the workout, there are a number of people doing it, and it is a releif to see some of them dropping as well and quite inspiring to *beat* some of them!

It is a 60 day program with exercise planned 6 days a week, allow about 45 minutes for each, sometimes an hour depending on the day. So if you can commit to that - Go for it!

I did it for 2 weeks, but then due to a holiday and being ill I didnt continue, but have started it again today. I can happily say though, that in those 2 weeks I noticed definate changes to my body!!! Definately toned up and lost weight!

Feel free to ask any other questions that I havent covered, and feel free to add me so we can encourage each other! Would love to hear about the other and if that works if you take that option!

Emma
  • marzinator13
    marzinator13 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I love insanity but the last time I did it i sprained my ankle for the fourth time..... its insane !
  • 987Runner
    987Runner Posts: 209
    Options
    Insanity is insane. They came up with a perfect name for that one. I completed my second day this morning, wow. Wow. I'm a pretty fit person and can mostly keep up with the people on tv, but I still have to take some breaks like some of them do. Just when you think you're going to puke or faint he gives you a 30 second break. I'm just guessing, but I wouldn't recommend it for someone who is just starting to exercise. But of course that's only my opinion. I've been running 20-30 miles a week with boot camp and weight lifting once a week each since the end of January. It is a serious butt kicker!!

I don't know anything about TurboFire though. From what an above poster said, it might be better for beginners if they offer modified moves.
  • annam25
    Options
    I have heard it's hard. I'm not a beginner with working out.. I do strength training and running regulary. I LOVE a challenge, it motivates me! If it isn't hard enough then I like to make it more difficult.