Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Gym Etiquette

wabrody
wabrody Posts: 202
Ok, so I have been hitting the gym hard for the last 5 months and I have noticed a few things that I think that people should do to be considerate to the other people that are using the gym. This is just my way of complaining. Feel free to add to the list.

1) Wash yourself before you go to the gym in the mornings. No one wants to smell day old feet, butt, and other body parts that have been sweating the day before and all night. Oh and put on deodorant….please.

2) Wash your gym clothes. There is no reason to wear the same shirt a shorts for an entire week.

3) Give people some space. This goes for the people working out on the mats. If there is a big open area there is no reason you have to be right next to me. This also goes for the people that like to get on that one treadmill that is right next to you when there are 15 empty ones in the gym.

4) Please wipe down all equipment when you are done. I don’t mind the smell of my own sweat, but I don’t like when it is mixed with yours.

5) No creepy stares. It is ok to look, but you will make people feel uncomfortable if you continue to stare. This also goes for the employees.

6) Don’t show up to the gym to hang out and walk around the gym. You give the stalker feeling.

7) If someone is taking a while on a piece of equipment…wait or find another machine or weigh tto use until they are done. Don’t bug or stare at them until they get done.

8) Share the dumbbells and curl bars. There is no reason you need 3 sets of everything at once.

Replies

• msrat1
    msrat1 Posts: 43
    that "washing yourself before you go to the gym" thing was addressed in a previous thread and some people were going nuts about how they are not going to wash before going to the gym.....
    I'm on your side, if stink already, please wash up before going to the gym to get funkier.....there is a difference between "stink acquired at the gym" and "you stank when you walked in the door".......
  • tamamommy
    tamamommy Posts: 71 Member
    YES!!!! If there are 25 open treadmills please do not get on the one next to me. Drives me CrAZy!!!!
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    I totally *get* number 3...however, there are TWO types of treadmills at the gym, and I prefer the newer ones ( they sync with my iPod and the others don't), AND I prefer to snag a treadmill as close to the ceiling fan as I can.That means that even if there are 5 treadmills in a row, I *might* pick the one nearest you just because YOU happen to be under the fan.
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    I totally *get* number 3...however, there are TWO types of treadmills at the gym, and I prefer the newer ones ( they sync with my iPod and the others don't), AND I prefer to snag a treadmill as close to the ceiling fan as I can.That means that even if there are 5 treadmills in a row, I *might* pick the one nearest you just because YOU happen to be under the fan.

Same thing with the action motion trainer - there is one I prefer and if it is next to someone so be it!