Fill Me Up Foods?????

I am having a problem snacking. :explode: :explode: Shortly after I eat I feel like I need something else. I dont know if this is just habit or if it is what I am eating. I have heard some foods make you fuller longer and others digest more quickly than some. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thank You! :bigsmile:
Stacy

Replies

• Clover51
    Clover51 Posts: 37
    I am having a problem snacking. :explode: :explode: Shortly after I eat I feel like I need something else. I dont know if this is just habit or if it is what I am eating. I have heard some foods make you fuller longer and others digest more quickly than some. Any help is greatly appreciated.
    Thank You! :bigsmile:
    Stacy
  • laurenk182004
    laurenk182004 Posts: 1,882 Member
    In my experience foods high in protein fill me up longer. Like for breakfast a 3 eggwhite omelate with some green peppers, onion and fat free cheese. It winds up being like 130 calories. (not sure exactly, i'd have to look) and it always keeps me full for at least until lunchtime. Another yummy protein packed lunch is tuna sandwhiches. I'll have 1 can of tuna, mixed with fat free mayo, onion, celery and soemtimes a little relish. I make 2 sandwiches with it on some light wheat bread. What kinds of foods are you eating now that u find aren't filling u up? You may be right, it could just be habit. I have days where I feel snacky, no matter what I eat. Sometimes if I'm really feeling some munchies coming on, I'll drink a big glass of milk. Usually I just pound down a bunch of water when I want to snack out of snack time...lol
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    raw veggies are good because they have very few calories and they take me forever to eat, because they are so fibrous. Try celery, carrots, and cucumbers. You can use a bit of dip too if you don't like them plain
  • ladydi
    ladydi Posts: 88 Member
    Almonds work well for me or Luna bars & Fiber one bars. Anything with lots of fiber will keep you full longer:smile:
  • jpwarner
    jpwarner Posts: 194 Member
    I like to use boiled eggs but don't eat the yolk. let the dogs have them. Also I eat large bulk items if needed like lots of watermelon, apples and so forth.

It funny how many calories can be in one little item when you can substitute that same amount of calories for things that are high in volume.

Also, baked potatoes are good, just have to avoid all the add on.
  • auntkaren
    auntkaren Posts: 1,490 Member
    :smile: I pretty much do what laurenik does as for protein, even baked chicken, skinless, and turkey breast. For snacking celery and raw cauliflower with some light veggi dip, 2tablespoons , I snack on them when I am watching TV. Then there is the in between snack of sugar free jello pack 10 calories and fat free whip cream, sometimes I peel and slice and apple in it with some cinnamon.. Mostly in the morning I have a banana, because by 11 I am ready for a salad, and I always cut up a little chicken or turkey in my salad to help as a filler.
  • KrisKabob
    KrisKabob Posts: 1,250 Member
    I agree... high fiber and high protein. Light Popcorn and a diet soda saves my afternoon around 3:00!!!

But apparently I think I am eating too much protein so...
  • KrisKabob
    KrisKabob Posts: 1,250 Member
    O' and drink your water. :drinker:
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    1/2 of an apple with 100% natural peanut butter:love:
  • cobra1368
    cobra1368 Posts: 90 Member
    O' and drink your water. :drinker:

Hey, you took my line! LOL

I have about 2 20-oz glasses in me right now, and I feel VERY full.
  • Clover51
    Clover51 Posts: 37
    Thanks for everyones input!