about drinking water for belly fat

Options
I want to know cold water or warm water is helpful for weight loseand for flat stomach to loose belly fat i am very confused about it some says warm water because it helps to digest the food and melts the body fat because cold water makes the fat permanent in your stomach and body and some says cold water because i got mails on nutrition and i search a lot on the net in which they said drink 3 litre cold water daily it burns more calories by taking the energy to keep the water at your body temperature so please tell me clearly which is better for our belly fat to flat stomach and to loose weight and also tell me is it hoodia good for weight loss and to increase metabolismis it have any kind of side effect?

Replies

• JMAMA
    JMAMA Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    i think you have been misinformed...i have never heard that water makes you lose "belly fat." I WISH:laugh:
  • Zara11
    Zara11 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Water is water. Maybe one is better, but quite frankly, it seems insignificant. I say this because you seem to be looking for weight loss shortcuts via pills and "tricks." Just eat healthy foods and exercise. That's all. You've 20 pounds to lose, which isn't that much. Cardio and strength will do wonders!
  • daybyday815
    Options
    actually i have read that if you drink really cold ice water it temporarily boosts your metabolism.
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    I don't think it gets rid of belly fat because I've been drinking water (both cold and room temperature) for awhile now and it has done NOTHING for my stupid belly fat. :grumble:
  • blueskiessmiling
    Options
    I think the real thing is cutting down your sodium, so you don't retain the water you are drinking. I've never actually seen anything about it directly impacting belly fat. Carbs, (especially processed white flour) create bulk at your waist, so cut back on that. The colder the water the more calories you expend warming it up to your body temperature but the amount is sooooo minimal.
  • april_mesk
    april_mesk Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I have actually heard it to be true that ice cold water burns 20 cals per 8 ounces. Believe it or not... There was an experiment on t.v. shown about it on one channel discovery or something, can't remember but, I do remember them saying this.
  • MacMadame
    MacMadame Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    The article I read said it was more like 7 calories for an 8 oz. glass. :tongue:

But, no matter how many calories it is, you can't target your fat loss. Your body decides which fat it will burn and in what order.
  • thumper44
    thumper44 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    actually i have read that if you drink really cold ice water it temporarily boosts your metabolism.

That's correct, that's what I've read as well. Takes more energy to digest the colder water you are drinking.

TO lose belly fat, it's going to be diet, and working out. Water alone won't do anything.
    But, no matter how many calories it is, you can't target your fat loss. Your body decides which fat it will burn and in what order
    I've read you will lose fat from the outer parts of your body and work inwards.
    So stomach and chest are last to lose, which is what most people are noticing.
    I've noticed my calves/legs and arms/shoulders getting more defined, but my stomach/chest has a ways to go.
  • kerimcdonald
    Options
    Water all on it's own really doesn't do anything. Try drinking hot lemon water though. It helps your body flush sodium and that helps to flatten your belly. Is it lost fat? NO! But exercise and healthy food will make up for the rest. Sodium sodium sodium. Try to eat less than 2500g (or mg can't remember)
    per day and you will notice a lot of your water weight slipping off over the next couple of months.
  • chgudnitz
    chgudnitz Posts: 4,079
    Options

It give like 6 extra calories in the heating process, thats it.

The cold water will help to re-bind the fat or oils that you just ate and make it easier for them to stick to your intestinal lining, making it more difficult to pass it and giving it more time to be digested into your system.

Just drink regular room temperature water, or how ever you like it. Just drink water... :drinker:
  • chgudnitz
    Options
    The article I read said it was more like 7 calories for an 8 oz. glass. :tongue:

But, no matter how many calories it is, you can't target your fat loss. Your body decides which fat it will burn and in what order.

But wouldn't it have been nice to just flush away belly fat and be done with it?
  • thumper44
    thumper44 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Water all on it's own really doesn't do anything.
    :noway: :noway: You are kidding right? :noway: :noway:
  • chgudnitz
    Options
    I've read you will lose fat from the outer parts of your body and work inwards.
    So stomach and chest are last to lose, which is what most people are noticing.
    I've noticed my calves/legs and arms/shoulders getting more defined, but my stomach/chest has a ways to go.

You will lose fat first from areas with a greater density of arteries and veins in surface area. Your belly doesnt really have many arteries or veins on the surface, therefor your body doesn't pull from those areas when its in a calorie deficit. Eventually it will since it wont have a choice.
  • Zara11
    Zara11 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Water all on it's own really doesn't do anything.
    :noway: :noway: You are kidding right? :noway: :noway:

I think she means that drinking water isn't going to make you wake up the next morning with a six-pack... obviously water does other wonderful things!
  • MacMadame
    MacMadame Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    But wouldn't it have been nice to just flush away belly fat and be done with it?
    Absolutely!