The Importance of Water

Options
The only reason I am posting this is mainly because I have skin problems. I'm 31, and I cannot seem to get rid of pimples. They pop up everywhere, no matter what I do!

I was just about to make an appointment with a very expensive dermatologist, when I came across an article online, written by a dermatologist, explaining the importance of water.

With regards to weight loss, it is vital. One of the roles of your liver is to process fat and turn it into energy. When you don't drink enough water, your kidneys shunt some of their filtering work to the liver, and the liver cannot work at full capacity to turn your fat into energy! It has to filter waste as well.

Also, if you don't drink enough water, toxins build up in your body, which can clog your pores. That is my problem. I drink maybe two glasses a day. Eight to ten tall glasses of water daily are recommended, IN ADDITION to what you drink when you workout! In other words, once you think you've had enough water, drink another glass!

After reading that article this morning, I'm on my fourth glass! LOL

Replies

• cobra1368
    cobra1368 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    The only reason I am posting this is mainly because I have skin problems. I'm 31, and I cannot seem to get rid of pimples. They pop up everywhere, no matter what I do!

I was just about to make an appointment with a very expensive dermatologist, when I came across an article online, written by a dermatologist, explaining the importance of water.

With regards to weight loss, it is vital. One of the roles of your liver is to process fat and turn it into energy. When you don't drink enough water, your kidneys shunt some of their filtering work to the liver, and the liver cannot work at full capacity to turn your fat into energy! It has to filter waste as well.

Also, if you don't drink enough water, toxins build up in your body, which can clog your pores. That is my problem. I drink maybe two glasses a day. Eight to ten tall glasses of water daily are recommended, IN ADDITION to what you drink when you workout! In other words, once you think you've had enough water, drink another glass!

After reading that article this morning, I'm on my fourth glass! LOL
  • KrisKabob
    KrisKabob Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    An easy way to get in more water for me... Crystal Light baby!!! I have the 2 quarts packages at home and I keep the 10 calorie packs with me all the time.

Don't get me wrong... I like water, but not 8-10 glasses with no flavor!!! :drinker:
  • KrisKabob
    KrisKabob Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    Also, don't forget about your daily skin-cleansing routine... which I'm sure you already know that.
  • cobra1368
    Options
    Also, don't forget about your daily skin-cleansing routine... which I'm sure you already know that.

Oh yeah. I cleanse morning and night. I wear makeup, because with skin like this, unfortunately, I can't go without, or I would! :sad:
  • timisw
    timisw Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I love the Crystal Light Rasberry Ice.

I used them on all of my deployments to add something more to the water.

My most favorite part was coming back from Iraq after 13 months. We had fridges of 1L bottles of water everywhere. You just grabbed and went. I was at the Atlanta Airport and walked up to a fridge. WIthout even thinking, I grabbed a water and walked on. I got about 40 steps and thought... Holy Hell, I have to pay for this!
  • cobra1368
    Options
    I like the tangerine raspberry one (I think that's the combo). But plain water is good too. I find that after a couple of days of drinking a lot of water, I start to crave it. And when I'm working out, I actually prefer plain water, room temp. It goes down quick and smooth, baby. :happy:
  • jillholleysmith
    jillholleysmith Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I have skin problems too. My dermatologist prescribed ziana, a topical medication, which has been working pretty well for me. There is also a Smoothbeam laser treatment. Many insurance companies cover it for the cost of the office visit co-pay. It is designed to shrink oil glands and build collagen and usually takes at least 4 treatments. I know 2 people who have had it done and they are very pleased with the results. I have had one treatment but don't see a difference yet, which is to be expected. The laser is approved by the FDA and can also help acne scarring and fine wrinkles.

Be sure you get enough water and use a skin care system of some kind that has a mild cleanser and moisturizer.