still eating THAT?

Options
farmgirlsuz
farmgirlsuz Posts: 351 Member
I have been on this journey for 15 months and I have really embraced the diet as part of my lifestyle. I really don't feel deprived of much (except chocolate, but I stil encorporate that when I can!). Anyway-I was just heating my lunch up at work which consisted of a Minute Rice cup of brown rice, a serving size portion of frozen mixed vegetables that I had in a baggie, and 4 ounces (more or less) of left over grilled pork loin from dinner last night when a co-worker says "You're still eating that STUFF?" Ummmm...yeah, it's healthy, its delicious and I don't have your metabolism so I can't eat (nor do I want to fuel my body) the crap that you put in YOUR body. OK, I didn't say that, but I sure wanted to!
I don't criticize other people's crappy lunches, why do they feel the need to criticize my healthy choices?
Anybody else have any quickie responses?

Replies

• Krissy366
    Krissy366 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure what she meant by "STUFF"? Rice, veggies and grilled pork loin sounds delicious to me. People are weird. I think when she said "you're still eating that STUFF?" I would have looked at my plate confused and asked, "What stuff? You mean food?"
  • Nailrep
    Nailrep Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    Wait until they are gulping down that milkshake, and say "Wow, I can't believe you put THAT into your body." Or would that be too nasty?? LOL
  • ZugTheMegasaurus
    ZugTheMegasaurus Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure what she meant by "STUFF"? Rice, veggies and grilled pork loin sounds delicious to me. People are weird. I think when she said "you're still eating that STUFF?" I would have looked at my plate confused and asked, "What stuff? You mean food?"
    I thought the same thing. Is she from Mars or something and has never seen Earth-food before?
  • StephiePop
    StephiePop Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I had something similar happen to me at work.
    As I was washing my apple for snack one day, my coworker asked me 'why are you eating an apple?' I was so confused. I responded 'Because.. apples are delicious?' and she says 'oh, I was wondering if it's because you're still on a diet.' UGH. I hate that word. DIET. No, I'm HEALTHY. I'm sorry I find healthy things also tasty? Get away from me and my food. *growls like a dog*
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    I'd just tell her it tastes really good and ask her if she'd like to try some
  • jwalker831
    jwalker831 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    You should reply: Why yes, I plan to eat healthy the rest of my long life. Would you like some tips on how to retrain your tastebuds so you don't fuel your body with garbage anymore? Just sayin'.